Sunday, July 31, 2016

Monthly Reflections | July

What I'm currently up to in life and on the blog. #currently #takingstock #monthlyreflections
I cannot believe July is over and we are on the horizon of August! This summer has gone by so quickly and I am yanking on the emergency break over here. Anyone with me? All-in-all, it's been a busy month and August is going to be even busier! Oh, a quick admin note - my goals post is going up on Tuesday because tomorrow I've got a really fun guest post going live where I'm sharing a yummy Italian dessert recipe. Come back and check that out!
Lately, I've been...

Listening: to the Summer Vibes playlist created by mickiemalibu, also known as Bryan Castillo. (You might remember him from my In Love on Instagram post this past winter. The playlist is groovy and this guy is a musical genius.
Making:  much-needed changes.
Cooking:  lots of yummy food. Check back tomorrow for an awesome recipe and later this month, for some fun tailgate noshes. Football season is just around the corner!!
Drinking:  water, but wishing it was bourbon.
Reading:  books that make me think. Follow along on Goodreads.
Wanting:  for things to be good again.
Looking:  for the beauty in everything.
Playing:  around with words in a sort of handlettered journal. More on this soon.
Wasting:  time when I really should be working out. Back on track in August, though. HARDCORE.
Wishing:  close friends lived closer.
Creating: a mess. And that's ok.
Enjoying:  the smell of fresh summer thunderstorms.
Waiting:  for August 12th. ⋆
Liking:  this handlettered name necklace from Grace Personalized on Etsy. They also do some really pretty coordinates bracelets that I'm kinda hoping show up on my doorstep one day soon. :)
Eating:  a burrito bowl. As I'm writing this. It is good.
Wondering:  what tomorrow will bring.
Loving:  Butters, the Welsh Corgi and show-stealer behind Chungah Rhee's food blog, Damn Delicious, as well as her Instagram and Snapchat. Seriously, the cutest thing ever and you can tell he is just waiting for a crumb to drop.
Hoping:  I don't burn out from all the things on my plate. Working on simplifying my routines in August.
Marveling:  at Marvel's: The Avengers. Watched the film for the first time this weekend (I'm a little behind in the entertainment department) and really enjoyed it. Also, forgive the wordplay. It's late.
Writing:  a love story.
Needing:  a hair trim. To my elbows, y'all. With naturally curly hair, that's something.
Photographing: with some new settings. Moody images are where it's at.
Smelling:  eucalyptus. Essential oil, that is. The stuff is amazing. A couple drops on my chest pretty much cures my asthma. (insert FDA disclosure on essential oils and the language of "curing" any disease or ailment)
Wearing:  flip flops until it's boot season.
Following:  the 2016 Summer Olympics coverage! Can't wait to see what Rio has to offer.
Noticing:  some things don't need sequels.
Watching:  the sky and waiting.
Knowing:  hard work pays off in the end, but sometimes it seems like forever.
Craving:  deep connection.
Working:  hard on some freelance posts.
Thinking:  about what it will take for this country to unify again. Last time we were all on America's side was 9/11. How can we achieve that without another disaster?
Bookmarking:  blogs that inspire me. Lots of them. Maybe collabs with a few of them in the future?
Opening:  the covers of books to look at endpaper. Have you guys ever paid attention to them? Gorgeous.
Feeling:  like myself again. :)


What have you been up to in July?

The Monthly Reflections series was adapted from Taking Stock by Anna at Rich As Kings.

The post Monthly Reflections | July first appeared on A Simpler Grace. If you enjoyed this article, please feel free to share it with your friends!

2 comments:

  1. Amen to wishing friends lived closer. My hubby and I have been in the city for 1 year (tomorrow) and I have only made a couple friends, and I NEVER see even them. I miss my friends from college and high school!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's tough to grow older (and often apart) from our close friends from the past. I'm trying to be more intentional about connecting with my friends, both new and old, from near and far. Thanks for stopping by today! :)

    ReplyDelete