Monday, July 04, 2016

Simple Gratitude | 36

A weekly series focusing on practicing gratitude.  #gratefulheart #gratitude #feelingthankful - Simple Gratitude | 36 - A Simpler Grace



Happy Independence Day if you live in the US of A, and happy Monday if you don't! It's been a good and quiet weekend filled with lots of family and time to rest. I am feeling so very grateful for so many things today. 

Sometimes, you just need relaxation. All the stress from all the days seem to catch up with you and you just need to shut everything off and breathe. That is what the last few days have been for me. A break from all the hustle and bustle and time in the sun, recharging. Like a little solar panel.

This week, I'm grateful for:
  • A new sister. One of my brothers had a wedding this weekend and I gained a new sister-in-law. I couldn't have asked for a better woman for my little brother and wish them happiness for years to come.
  • Happy mail with lots of free goodies. I love when companies send me products to try out and I've received several packages in the last couple of weeks. I'm so excited to share some pictures of these treats with you.
  • Sharpie highlighters. I don't know why, but I've been wanting to highlight everything these days. Items on my to-do list, important things on my calendar, passages in my Bible, and things I want to remember from books I'm reading. I love the old fashioned chubby ones the best.
  • New month = clean slate. June was a bust and I'm glad to see it go, so when the new month started, I started fresh and I'm feeling motivated. Anyone else feel this way?
  • New and inspiring bloggers to connect with. When I first started following blogs years and years ago, I followed the ones I "should" have been following - the popular ones - even if I didn't really relate to the content they shared. Now, I'm realizing that it's ok to dump those in favor of filling my feeds with people who inspire me and feed my heart. I love opening my email and readers and social media channels and seeing people and things that bring me hope and spark ideas and curiosity in my own life.

What are you grateful for today?

The post Simple Gratitude | 36 first appeared on A Simpler Grace. If you enjoyed this article, please feel free to share it with your friends!

2 comments:

  1. I totally know how you feel regarding new months feeling like clean slates! Some months I'm sad to see go because I feel like I'm really in a groove, other months not nearly so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly Kaylee! I was not sad to see June go at all! :)

    ReplyDelete