Monday, July 18, 2016

Simple Gratitude | 38

Today I'm sharing my #gratefulheart on the blog #gratitude #feelingthankful




Without fail, another week has come and more bad stories are flooding the news desks around the country. I'm praying hard for a turnaround in these hopeless situations. We should be banding together to fight things like homelessness and hunger and cancer but instead, we are killing each other on the street. It's senseless and I'm trying to keep my eyes forward and focused on the good that still remains in this world. Like these five things.

This week, I'm grateful for:
  • A daddy-daughter date. My mom has been out of town for several days, which meant that my father was home alone. I suggested we go see a movie at the theater (something he hasn't done in about twenty years) and after a lovely dinner at Glory Days (his favorite restaurant,) we saw The Legend of Tarzan. It was a great movie and we had a blast. I'm sure one day I'll look back and wish I had spent more time with him so for now I'm trying to savor all the moments we do have. I'm really grateful for the occasional date with my dad.
  • Quiet mornings getting creative. I spent some time on Sunday morning doing some watercoloring and Bible journaling and it was everything lovely.
  • A bit of nostalgia. Had my first bowl of Rice Krispies in, like, forever and I forgot how much I love them. Confession: sometimes, I make up a glass of chocolate milk (with the Hershey's syrup) and pour it over Rice Krispies. The Cocoa Krispies just don't taste as good as homemade.
  • Good reads. I've been reading all the books lately and I've really stumbled on some great ones. To keep up with my 100 books in 2016 challenge (which will likely be increased,) hit me up on Goodreads.
  • Spreading my wings a bit. Earlier this year, I made it a personal goal to post more blogs about food and create some recipes for my cookbook draft. Just in the last month, I've had several opportunities to write some recipes and guest post on other food blogs - BIG food blogs. I am so grateful that God is opening up these doors and allowing my little blog to continue to grow and expand into what I could have only dreamed it would be.

What are you grateful for today?

The post Simple Gratitude | 38 first appeared on A Simpler Grace. If you enjoyed this article, please feel free to share it with your friends!

4 comments:

  1. You know I love starting the week out with a grateful heart! :) Alright, Father/Daughter dates are the absolute BEST. I love that you two had that time together - so special!

    I'm so excited you're writing a cookbook!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I'm really glad to get to spend some time with my dad. Doesn't happen as often as I'd like, but I take what I can get. And I'm excited about the cookbook too! It's been a dream of mine for so long!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gratitude is very important in life and unlocks a lot of other blessings and happiness for us. There are a lot of things to be grateful each day, and I thank God each day for all I am blessed with. Thank you for this inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for reading! I'm glad you liked this post. I talk about gratitude every Monday. :)

    ReplyDelete