Monday, July 25, 2016

Simple Gratitude | 39

Today I'm sharing my #gratefulheart on the blog #gratitude #feelingthankful



Good Monday!

It's going to be a hot one across the US, so make sure you stay hydrated and for goodness sake, bring those pets indoors! If it's too hot for you, it's too hot for your fuzzy critters too.  

This week, I'm grateful for:
  • Birthday weekends. This weekend, we celebrated the 30th birthday of my brother who was killed in an accident eight years ago. The entire family got together and we cooked out and had a big pool party. It's a lot of fun to gather together to celebrate such a special boy and remember all the good times we had with him while he was with us.
  • A swimming pool. This deserves it's own line in my gratitude post because it was HOT this weekend and a dip in the pool was a great way to cool off.
  • Spotify. For years, I have been a loyal Pandora fan, but Spotify has been creeping into that first spot. I love that it doesn't have as many ads on the free version of the app and if you are using the desktop app, you can start a playlist on any song, which is not an option at all on Pandora and I love the flexibility.
  • Squash blossoms. This might seem like a silly thing to be grateful for, but after months of planting and germinating and watching, my squash (and zucchini) plants finally have blossoms forming! I was told it would take longer when starting from seed and it did, but hopefully, we will have some yummy produce soon. On that note, we also have string beans and peppers coming along. My determined little tomato seedling and carrots are still too young to transplant, so maybe those will be ready for next year. 
  • Early morning meditations. I've been spending the early mornings meditating and it's been helping me with so many things, but I can't get over how it's been easing the chronic pain I deal with on the daily. What would normally require narcotics (which I refuse to take) is now more manageable.

What are you grateful for today?

The post Simple Gratitude | 39 first appeared on A Simpler Grace. If you enjoyed this article, please feel free to share it with your friends!

No comments:

D