Tuesday, August 02, 2016

Hello August | Goals

Hello August | Goals - A Simpler Grace - A monthly series tracking the goals I've set both in my personal and blogging life.



Hey there, August. You arrived much sooner than I anticipated.

Hi, friends. Over the last several months since I started doing these goal posts, I've felt more at ease in my daily routine. This is likely because I have these clear and defined goals so I always know what to strive for. Sometimes I don't accomplish them all, and that's ok. Life happens and I can't plan for the unexpected, but I still like to view these goals as, sort of, a guiding objective in my creative life.

My goals for July. Let's see how I did...
  • Eat clean and gluten-free all month I did manage to eat clean and gluten-free most of the month and only slipped up by eating a brownie or two at family gatherings (chocolate is my weakness y'all). I definitely feel a difference in my overall health when I eat gluten-free. It cuts down on my already insurmountable fatigue, which helps and I don't have the digestive issues I have dealt with in the past. Keeping this goal up, for sure!
  • Handwrite one note or card for a friend Yes! I'm actually thinking about starting a special letter-writing project over the next few months. More on this as the details come together.
  • Stick to my editorial calendar for the month I did! In fact, I actually added a post or two to the calendar, last minute, so my grand total was nineteen posts in July!
  • Do yoga every day for a month If I'm being honest here, and I always am, I'll tell you that the last couple of months have sucked for me physically. I've had some medication changes that have had adverse effects on me and have left me feeling as if I were running on drained batteries. I'm shifting back and forth between chronic insomnia (the restless, grouchy kind rather than the productive kind) and being so tired, I could sleep for twenty hours straight. That being said, I'm over it. Even though I can't get in with my doctor until mid-October, I'm going to try to push myself harder and up my essential oil and supplement game to see if I can reset my circadian rhythm. In the workout department, I'm going balls-to-the-wall (excuse the expression) and doing a 28-day challenge from Blogilates. Say some prayers for me.
  • Devote two hours a week to something creative The only creative thing I accomplished this month was a couple of fun photo edits. Didn't have the energy or motivation for much else. Will try to be better this month.
  • Read eight books from my reading challenges I slacked off a bit in my reading and only made it through six books in July because I'm so far ahead in my challenge. Have no fear, though, because my August reading list has fifteen books on it. We'll see how I do... I'm counting this one as a win, anyway.
  • Complete the July section from my Bible-in-a-year plan Unfortunately, no, but I will catch up.
  • Develop two recipes for cookbook draft Check and check! I made two different crostata recipes that will be in the cookbook. Yay! I love seeing this dream of mine come to fruition.
  • Guest post on another blog Hooray! I shared one of my crostata recipes on my friend Abby's blog, Winstead Wandering.
  • Try a new craft or DIY project from Pinterest Not a chance. This month, though...
  • Read sixty articles I've pinned on Pinterest Way more than sixty. Because I had so much downtime, I spent a lot of that time in bed with my laptop or tablet and "unpinned" a lot of articles from my to-read board.
  • Complete four Bible journaling entries I got one done and you can see it here.
  • Finish the blog tweaks I've planned Didn't touch this project in July. I'll try to squeak out some of these updates in the coming weeks.
And my goals for August...
  • Eat clean and gluten-free all month
  • Handwrite one note or card for a friend a work on a letter-writing project
  • Stick to my editorial calendar for the month
  • Complete the Blogilates 28-days of abs challenge and lose ten pounds
  • Devote two hours a week to something creative
  • Read eight (+) books from my reading challenges
  • Complete the August section from my Bible-in-a-year plan and catch up on last month's
  • Create a football-themed recipe for a foodie blogger link up later this month
  • Guest post on another blog
  • Try a new craft or DIY project from Pinterest
  • Read sixty articles I've pinned on Pinterest
  • Finish the blog tweaks I've been pushing off
What goals did you set for yourself this month? 

The post Hello August | Goals first appeared on A Simpler Grace.  If you enjoyed this article, please feel free to share it with your friends!

14 comments:

  1. Sounds like you've got a busy August planned! Lots of reading! :) I try to squeeze a lot of books into most of my months, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, TONS of reading. I read and review for publishers and I have quite a few deadlines coming up. Have a great August, Rachel!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been writing one letter to a different friend every single month this year. I did this a couple years ago and loved it so much, I decided I had to bring it back in 2016!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, so many goals!!! So awesome. I read 5 books last month and that was a lot for me! August goals: Lose 7 lbs, read 3 books, enjoy my vacation without being on my devices!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck on the new goals! And reading 6 books in the month still isn't so bad! I'm happy when I get to more than 2 or so!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! You are rockin your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are going to be one busy girl this month! Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Katie, that's exactly what I'm doing. It's one of the points in my 101 things in 1001 days challenge. I love getting snail mail (the good kind, not bills) and love to pass that joy on to others who might not be expecting it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha! Yep, call me the overachiever. Five books is awesome! And yes girl, enjoy that vacation away from all the notifications! (take me with you!!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you! No, six books isn't bad, but I love to read and plus I review books for several publishers so I'm hard on myself when I don't reach my goal in that department. Thanks for coming by today!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I sure will, but it makes my days off that much sweeter. Thanks for coming by today, Allie!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Six books in one month? That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete