Thursday, August 25, 2016

If You and I Had Coffee | vol 3

Conversations over coffee #coffeedates - If You and I Had Coffee | vol 3 - A Simpler Grace

If  you and I had coffee...

We'd meet up at your place and take full advantage of the cool morning by sitting in the cozy wicker chairs on your deck, thankful that fall is approaching. We'd sip on big mugs of gourmet hot chocolate with the homemade marshmallows I brought slowly melting away on the top.

If you and I had coffee...

We'd watch the few straggling Monarch butterflies flitter around your flower garden, fueling up before their journey south for the colder season. You'd make a remark about how you find it interesting that everything in nature instinctively knows about the coming season change and how they don't drag their feet, holding onto the past, but gradually change along with the world around them.

If you and I had coffee...

I'd tell you that in both nature and life, timing is everything. I'd share with you how, after chasing something that felt so right for so long, I had to let it go because the timing just wasn't there. I'd go on to share that just as I was watching the old flutter away, something new appeared and came to land beside me. The timing was perfect.

If you and I had coffee...

We'd ponder how it works that perfect timing always seems to win out and how we, like nature, gradually change in our seasons. We'd marvel at how some things come into our lives just for short periods of time and some are meant to last indefinitely and all this happens in the perfect time.

If you and I had coffee...

We'd shift our conversation and talk about the things that excited us about the autumn season and chat about neighborhood tailgating parties and going apple picking and getting to wear jeans, boots and sweaters again. We'd laugh at how such simple things can bring us such joy. 

If you and I had coffee...

We'd finish our last sips of hot chocolate and both agree that these early morning meetups are just what we need to energize us for the day. I'd give you a hug and we'd vow to meet up again soon, but next time, it will be over a pumpkin spice latte.

The post If You and I Had Coffee | vol 3 first appeared on A Simpler Grace. If you enjoyed this article, please feel free to share it with your friends!

4 comments:

  1. I love your coffee date posts! And I'm so excited for Fall... just everything about it makes me giddy. And I'm glad you that your "something new" happened. You're so right - timing is everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. if you i had coffee, i'd probably share my excitement for Fall as well. have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fall is so lovely. Thanks for coming by, Dixya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Mia! Fall makes me giddy too! And I'm really glad the something new happened. Definitely looking forward to this new season. :)

    ReplyDelete