Friday, August 05, 2016

Links to Love | 67

 A post featuring my favorite reads from the week.  #linkstolove #fridayfavorites - Links to Love | 67 - A Simpler Grace



Hey, friends! Well, this week was the official start of the 2016 Summer Olympics in Rio and I am SO excited. I grew up watching the Olympics and love every single event, but the beach volleyball, soccer, and softball (when they had it) are my faves. Do you watch the games? If so, what is your favorite event?

Here are my favorite reads for the week. I hope you enjoy them as much as I did!

From around the web:
  • Romantic relationships are often a mysterious thing that few are able to navigate well, but maybe we are doing it wrong. At least that's what Alain de Botton, columnist for The New York Times writes. Here is his article, "Why You Will Marry the Wrong Person." (Featured graphic credit: Marion Fayolle)
  • There is something so mystical about wild horses. You know, the kind that run free and don't rely on humans for survival. Like these gorgeous ponies living in the mountains of Bosnia and captured by Carina Maiwald. (Featured photo credit: Carina Maiwald)
  • How do you pronounce .gif? Gif or Jif? Here is a very thorough explanation for why we struggle with how to say GIF.
  • I love unique jewelry, especially statement rings, so when I stumbled upon these stunning, handcrafted wood and resin creations from Secret Wood, I was tempted to buy them all. (Featured photo credit: Secret Wood)
On the blogosphere:
  • Ann Voskamp recently shared on a topic that is tough for many of us - when we are waiting for an answer, but don't hear anything.
  • If you've ever felt lonely, you'll get a lot out of this article for Darling Magazine by Rebecca Bass-Ching called Loneliness vs. Being Alone: What You Need to Know.
  • Lauren Rund and Chelsea Mead of The Unedited Movement wrote an article about loving your neighbor in a time when it is crucial but often ignored.
Here on A Simpler Grace:
  • Tuesday, I analyzed the goals I set for myself last month and told you about the ones I am working toward this month.
  • Monday brought a guest post for one of my blogging buddies, Abby, from Winstead Wandering where I shared my recipe for a summer berry crostata.
  • Sunday, I reflected on the month of July and shared a recap of what I've been up to in life and on the blog.
  • In my reflections post, I talked about the Spotify playlist I'm currently addicted to and this is one of my favorite songs: Spirit Cold by Tall Heights
What are you loving from this week?

This post featured some of my favorite reads from the week. I was not prompted or compensated for sharing any of these links with you. If you wish to share something you've seen here, please click the link and share from the original source.

The post Links to Love | 67 first appeared on A Simpler Grace. If you enjoyed this article, please feel free to share it with your friends!

2 comments:

  1. Hooray for summer olympics!! Beach volleyball is definitely a favorite of mine, but the gymnastics will always be my #1 favorite!

    ReplyDelete