Good morning, friends! Can you believe we are nearly halfway through August already? We are also halfway through the Olympics, which I'm a little bit sad about. I wish they could last all year long! Hope you all have a great weekend planned. I know I do!
Here are my favorite reads for the week. I hope you enjoy them as much as I did!
From around the web:
- There is this Ukrainian photographer by the name of Dary who takes these amazing fairy tale inspired shots and they are too beautiful (and magical) not to share.
- Meet Brinks, the stray pit bull who might just be the happiest dog in the land.
- What if you could go completely off the grid? Build a home on land no one owns, grow your own food, generate your own power...would you do it? This couple did and has for twenty-four years.
- Organ donation is a cause that is dear to my family, so when I saw this video about a woman walking down the aisle with a man who had her father's heart, you can image the feels I had.
On the blogosphere:
- Shauna Niequist has a new book out, Present Over Perfect, and recently stopped by to chat with Ann Voskamp about it.
- I am in love with lighthouses and it completely excites me that you can rent a lighthouse on Airbnb. Think I might know where my next vacation will be!
- I was recently digging around in the editorial archives over at It's Simply Lindsay and found an article she wrote about relationships that is a game-changer.
- I have loved the first week of the Olympics and Bustle is sharing why women are kicking butt this year.
Here on A Simpler Grace:
- In yesterday's post, I talked about something I've struggled with and how I gave up being a backup plan girl for a life on the fly.
- On Tuesday, I gave a recap of the books I've read over the month of July in my What I Read post.
- Monday brought a peek into my gratitude journal with the highlights from my week.
- Last Saturday, I nerded out a bit and told you about a fun and educational event that is happening this weekend.
What are you loving from this week?
This post featured some of my favorite reads from the week. I was not prompted or compensated for sharing any of these links with you. If you wish to share something you've seen here, please click the link and share from the original source.