Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Monthly Reflections | August

What I'm currently up to in life and on the blog. #currently #takingstock #monthlyreflections - Monthly Reflections | August - A Simpler Grace
August... Oh, August, where did you go? The end of this month is so representative of my life right now. A month is ending. A season is ending, but a brand new month and season are beginning and it's one that is filled with hope and brightness. I am truly excited about what the future holds.

Lately, I've been...

Listening: to old school hip hop. Thank God for Spotify.
Making:  plans for the future.
Cooking:  football party food. Come back tomorrow for my first recipe, plus sixty-three others.
Drinking:  frosty beverages with someone special.
Reading:  B.J. Novak's One More Thing. So in love with this book and how thought-provoking it is.
Wanting:  a pumpkin whoopie pie. Perhaps in the near future...
Looking:  through old photos as I work on digitizing my albums.
Playing:  Mahjong. I've become hooked again.
Wasting:  nothing.
Wishing:  for good things this season.
Creating: a new way to journal. More on this soon.
Enjoying:  lazy days in historic towns.
Waiting:  for the Dallas - Green Bay football game. 
Liking:  that for once in my life, I don't feel the need to rush things.
Eating:  chocolate frozen custard and it is so good.
Wondering:  how I'm going to feel after the first week of squat challenge.
Loving:  oh, yes.
Hoping:  to take some family portraits in the next few weeks. I have a big family and we have very outdated photos. It is my mission to fix that.
Marveling:  at the late summer sky and all the wonder it holds.
Writing:  a whole lot. My Grammarly insights manager is going to be very busy this month.
Needing:  some cool fall air.
Photographing: pretty pink flowers.
Smelling:  like Japanese cherry blossom. Thanks, Bath & Body Works. :)
Missing: my niece and nephew. Hope I get to see them over the holiday weekend.
Wearing:  all the pretty summer dresses before it gets too cold.
Following:  the path where my heart leads me.
Noticing:  how uncomplicated things can be.
Watching:  lots of YouTube videos. My queue has filled up pretty quickly.
Knowing:  everything is going to be ok.
Craving:  that noise when leaves crunch under your feet. Bring it on, fall!
Working:  on Blog-tember posts.
Thinking:  happy thoughts.
Bookmarking:  travel destinations to hit while in an RV.
Opening:  The Year of the Work letters. So, so good.
Feeling:  happy.


What have you been up to in August?

The Monthly Reflections series was adapted from Taking Stock by Anna at Rich As Kings.

The post Monthly Reflections | August first appeared on A Simpler Grace. If you enjoyed this article, please feel free to share it with your friends!

6 comments:

  1. Big thumbs up for family portraits! Time flies, and those photos together become so precious. The chocolate custard sounds good, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, this is such a neat way of sharing your life! I loved reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Small Town So(Lace)August 31, 2016 at 8:08 PM

    These are great, Lecy! I'm definitely with you on needing the cool fall air. I am so ready for cardigans and boots!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes! Can't wait to get those portraits done. The custard was perfect on a hot summer night!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Me too! Thanks for coming by to read, Lacey!

    ReplyDelete