Monday, August 08, 2016

Simple Gratitude | 40

A weekly series focusing on practicing gratitude.  #gratefulheart #gratitude #feelingthankful - Simple Gratitude | 40 - A Simpler Grace



First of all, can I just say that yesterday was one of the nicest days, as far as the weather was concerned, that we've had in a very long time? It was gorgeous. Secondly, I'd like to mention how excited I am that in just two weeks, the Grateful Heart Monday linkup will be back so we'll be joining Emily from Ember Grey and all the other wonderful bloggers that link up, and sharing our weekly gratitude posts. In the meantime...

This week, I'm grateful for:
  • Midnight runs to Walmart with my brother. I have a special and unique relationship with each of my siblings, but only this brother would text me at 12:30 a.m., knowing that I'd be awake, to see if I wanted to go produce shopping with him because he couldn't sleep. By the way, the pears at Wallie World are awesome.
  • Football season. The NFL preseason is gearing up and I couldn't be happier. I have loved the summer, but it has been HOT and I'm looking forward to cooler weather and yummy game-day food. In fact, I'm joining over sixty other bloggers and sharing some football-themed recipes throughout the season. A tailgate recipe will be live on the blog in a few weeks!
  • The feeling of accomplishment I get after completing a hard workout. Cassey Ho is kicking my butt like she always does and it hurts so good. You know the feeling I'm talking about!
  • Quiet time. I've been getting TONS of stuff done and moved off my to-do list but I've also been setting aside some time to just exist. After reading an article recently, I have decided to make a conscious effort to stop multitasking all the time but rather lean into each task and enjoy completing it. Now, I am just reading a book instead of listening to an audiobook, returning emails and folding laundry. It's difficult when my Type A personality sees the things that still need to be accomplished but I'm learning to take some time for me so I don't burn out and it's working.
  • Heart emojis. That is all I can say on the subject.

What are you grateful for today? 

The post Simple Gratitude | 40 first appeared on A Simpler Grace. If you enjoyed this article, please feel free to share it with your friends!

2 comments:

  1. hahaha, yay for midnight grocery runs! :P I only have one brother but he's one of my best friends and would also consent on running off to the store with me! :D

    My gratefulness today includes super nice preceptors and being able to help my patients out! :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, Farrah, that's so awesome that you are that close to your brother. My siblings are my best friends and I'm so lucky to have them. Those are great things to be grateful for and I bet your patients are very grateful for you! :)

    ReplyDelete