Monday, August 15, 2016

Simple Gratitude | 41

A weekly series focusing on practicing gratitude.  #gratefulheart #gratitude #feelingthankful - Simple Gratitude | 41 - A Simpler Grace



Good Monday morning.

I'm going to be spending some time away from the blog this week, but I have some posts scheduled out so you won't get lonely. Hope you have a great week and I'll see you soon.  :)

This week, I'm grateful for:
  • Sick days. I'm not grateful for being sick, but rather for the ability to listen to my body when it needs a break. Hot showers, soup and grilled cheese sandwiches, flannel pajamas, audiobooks and snuggly naps in bed do a girl good.
  • Swimming pools on super hot days. We had some days this week when the heat index reached 110° at the peak of the afternoon and it was nice to be able to jump in the pool and cool down a bit. It felt like bath water, but it was a lot cooler than
  • Memories captured via photograph. One of the projects I wanted to tackle this summer was to digitize my print photographs, and there are a lot of them. I started going through some of the albums, pulling pictures out and scanning them and in turn, riding a roller coaster of emotions. Whether they were happy times or seasons of change and sometimes hardship, photographs are the best way to capture them and preserve them for years to come.
  • Book recommendations by authors. You know it's going to be a good read when your published author friends tell you to pick a book up and I have not been disappointed yet. 
  • Michael Phelps. He brought so many Olympic medals home to the US and has an amazing survival story. This guy swam his final lap yesterday and is headed into retirement. He will be missed!

What are you grateful for today?

The post Simple Gratitude | 41 first appeared on A Simpler Grace. If you enjoyed this article, please feel free to share it with your friends!

No comments:

D