Monday, August 22, 2016

Simple Gratitude | 42

A weekly series focusing on practicing gratitude.  #gratefulheart #gratitude #feelingthankful - Simple Gratitude | 42 - A Simpler Grace



Guys, I'm so excited to share that Emily at Ember Grey is back for Grateful Heart Monday again! Woohoo! If you aren't familiar with the project, click the link at the bottom of this post and go over for a visit.

I hope you all had a fantastic weekend. Mine was quiet, but that was much needed. The next eight weeks are packed with a lot of fun stuff around here, so I'm going to jump into the post, but do me one favor? I'd love to hear what you are grateful for today, so please share in the comments down below what is on your grateful heart. 

This week, I'm grateful for:
  • Good friends who are always there to put a smile on my face. The few close friends I have are second to none and I am such a lucky girl to have each of them in my life.
  • Space geek stuff. Yesterday marked one year until the biggest solar eclipse that North America has seen in decades. I don't know where I'll be on August 21, 2017, but you can bet I'll be looking at the sky (and checking #96 off my 101 in 1001 list).
  • The 30-day squat challenge. That's right folks, September brings another ridiculous fitness challenge (I don't know why I keep torturing myself) but bring it on! I'm grateful for this because it's something to motivate me and I can't wait to see what I look like at the end of the month. Day one is 50 squats. Join me on 9/1/16?
  • A cool break. This week is supposed to be much cooler than the last few and I'm excited for this. I am ready for fall.
  • Books that make me laugh. I read the most insane book this weekend from blogger Jenny Lawson and it had me cracking up. If you read it for anything, let it be for the giggles that will surely come with her silly humor.

A Grateful Heart with Ember Grey

What are you grateful for today? Hop over to Ember Grey to link up!

This post is part of the Grateful Heart Monday linkup with Emily at Ember Grey.

The post Simple Gratitude | 42 first appeared on A Simpler Grace. If you enjoyed this article, please feel free to share it with your friends!

18 comments:

  1. Squat challenge? Oh man, it seems like I can already feel the pain just thinking about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! Yep, it's going to be a doozy but hopefully the reward will be worth it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can definitely relate to the cool weather coming. Great idea to post from your gratitude journal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love posts like these! I am grateful for cooler weather over the weekend, because it totally cooled my office down. Our AC is broken and it gets super hot in here because it's an old brick building that doesn't move air around.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the idea of journaling what you're grateful for!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so looking forward to fall! Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  7. No AC in the hot summer is the worst! I'm glad it cooled down for you and hope they get the AC fixed soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I totally want to join you for the squat challenge! I need the accountability. I'm grateful for a productive day today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm grateful for God's timing and the blessing He has surprised us with this past week. I'm also grateful for my wonderful Zumba class and the amazing ladies who have become my support system.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Girl, jump in on it! (I can't be the only one posting my bum on Instagram) I'm including the graphic here so you can see what you'd be in for if you decide to participate. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. God does have perfect timing, doesn't He? I've never taken a Zumba class but have heard how much fun it is. Maybe I'll find a local one to try. Thanks for coming by today, Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just wanted to stop by and say hello! I'm so happy to see that Grateful Heart Monday is back. I've really missed it! The squat challenge sounds intense! I'm doing the couch to 5k running program right now, so I'm right there with ya! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this! I'm grateful for my ability to travel and experience different cultures!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Emily, I'm excited Grateful Heart Monday is back too. It's always so fun to link up and get to know everyone who participates. Couch to 5k sounds intense! Get it girl!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's a great thing to be grateful for. Thanks for coming by Hannah!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Girl, I am so ready for fall too. 30 day squat challenge - I kinda want to try this! :) Thanks for joining me at Grateful Heart again, Lecy!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fall is my absolute favorite season. And I'm secretly really excited about the squat challenge although I know it will probably be a killer. Thanks so much for coming by to read Emily! <3

    ReplyDelete