Monday, August 29, 2016

Simple Gratitude | 43

A weekly series focusing on practicing gratitude.  #gratefulheart #gratitude #feelingthankful - Simple Gratitude | 43 - A Simpler Grace



Happy Monday!

It's the start of a new week and this week is the start of a new month and I have never looked forward to a new month so much before. There is a lot going on in September around here, including Blog-tember where I'll be blogging EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. of the month. In addition to that, I'll be doing the 30-day squat challenge and will be posting updates on Instagram, although I'm not sure what form those updates will take as I am not quite comfortable enough to post photos of my bum to the general public. I might just surprise you, though. ;)  Make sure you are following along!

This week, I'm grateful for:
  • Really good weeks. This last week has been the best week I've had in a long time and I am one content girl. Or maybe I'll go as far as saying I am downright happy.
  • Key lime pie. Because it's the perfect comfort food on a hot summer night.
  • Closure. When God gently shows me why some doors needed to be closed so even better ones could be opened.
  • Vogue - The September Issue. Eight hundred glorious pages of inspiration and insight.
  • Pretty pink flowers. Because every girl needs a reminder to step back from the grind and take a deep breath every now and then.

A Grateful Heart with Ember Grey

What are you grateful for today? Hop over to Ember Grey to link up!

This post is part of the Grateful Heart Monday linkup with Emily at Ember Grey.

The post Simple Gratitude | 43 first appeared on A Simpler Grace. If you enjoyed this article, please feel free to share it with your friends!

25 comments:

  1. Nice! Today I'm grateful for a beautiful sunrise that I'm watching through my window as I type this, my health, and my new books that I purchased at Barnes and Noble this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so lucky that you have a window that faces the rising sun. Health is always a great thing to be grateful for and YES to new books! I'm there with you on that one. :) Thanks for coming by today, Kirstie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you have so much to be grateful for! I grateful (as always!) for my beautiful kids, having a roof over our heads, food on the table and the opportunity to travel and have adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's such a pretty photo! Glad that you've been having great weeks, and hooray for key lime pie! (Now I want some...)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are all GREAT things to be grateful for, Kerrie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Farrah, the pie was so yummy and I'm kinda craving another slice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So awesome, there is always so much to be grateful for. :)
    Today I am grateful for awesome friends to share my life with, my family, my beautiful home with its beautiful view, my job, my health and beautiful spring days on the way.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Quentin, these are wonderful things to be grateful for. And yes, you are on the way to spring down there! I hope the new season is a lovely one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am sure it will be, thank you! :) Since Saturday the weather here has been amazing, sunny and bright. Spring / Summer is definitely coming. Wishing your new season is a wonderful one too, even though it will be getting colder. Always look at the positives ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Today I am grateful for a husband who loves me completely. Boys who are kind and respectful. And the strength to live the life I have been given.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Penny @ pennyspassion.blogspotAugust 29, 2016 at 12:21 PM

    Let's hear it for the Key Lime Pie!! That sounds so good right now. Maybe it's because I'm trying to hang on to summer for as long as I can.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes, all good reasons to be grateful, especially the unconditional love of a spouse! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Same here, Penny. I'm sad to see summer leaving us so quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I absolutely love this post. I'm grateful that I don't have a migraine today, when you live with chronic migraines it's a blessing not to have one. I hope your having a great Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I so love reading other's gratitude posts. Yes, it is so wonderful to see that a door closes for a reason - and we all need those good weeks! Here's to a good September.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love Key Lime Pie! And the September issue of Vogue is always fun to look through. It sounds like September is going to busy but fun for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love this! I am starting the Betty Rocker 30-day workout plan which I am stoked for. I am grateful for the opportunity to really focus on my business and take this season of my life to pursue my goals.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh Leslie, I feel your pain. I also get migraines, so I'm also grateful that you don't have one today. Hope that stays the trend for your! <3

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you so much for stopping by, Sheryl!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Key lime pie is one of my summertime faves and yes, September is going to be a busy month! Thanks for coming by to say hi, Crystal!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I've never heard of the Betty Rocker plan but I know you'll do awesome. Way to go for making your business a priority! That's so important!

    ReplyDelete
  22. It's been FOREVER since I've opened up a Vogue... and it's one of my absolute faves. I will have to snag the Sept issue! So glad you had a great week, Lecy :) Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  23. The September issue is, by far, the best magazine every. Thanks for coming by!

    ReplyDelete