Friday, September 09, 2016

A Travel Bucket List | Blog-tember Day 9

The top five locations on my vacation wish list - A Travel Bucket List | Blog-tember Day 9 #blogtemberchallenge



It's day 9 of the blog-tember challenge and we are talking about travel. Today's prompt is to share a place in the world we'd like to go and why. I thought I'd share a travel bucket list. My vacation wish list is so, so long (see it here on Pinterest) but I've picked my top five places I want to go and something fun to do in each location. Hope you find a few things you'd like to add to your list!

TUSCANY REGION, ITALY - EATING
Florence, Italy
The number-one place I've ever wanted to travel since I was a kid was Italy. I would love to tour the entire country, but the northern region of Tuscany and specifically Florence is where my heart lives. I love cooking traditional northern Italian food and a dream of mine is to eat the real deal one day. (image credit)

PACIFIC COAST HIGHWAY, BIG SUR - ROAD TRIPPING
Big Sur, California


When I've been to the west coast, it's only ever been Southern California and although it was beautiful, that's a little too "city" for me. I would love to travel up the Pacific Coast Highway to the Big Sur area and continue on through Oregon into Washington state. I dream of these cliffs and those crashing waves all the time and hope to check this off my travel bucket list in the near future. (image credit)

ARCHES NATIONAL PARK, UTAH - STAR GAZING
Arches National Park, Utah


Star gazing is one of my favorite hobbies and you can't find a better place than in the middle of the desert. Arches National Park boasts some of the best views of the Milky Way and other astronomical sights. Perhaps an RV trip and a tent pitched under the stars is in my future. (image credit)

TELLURIDE, COLORADO - HOT AIR BALLOONING
Telluride, Colorado


I love the tiny towns at the foothills of the Rocky Mountains and Telluride in the San Juan Mountains has been calling my name for a long time. One of the things I'd love to do there is to take a hot air balloon ride and get a good look at the mountains and the town below. (image credit)

WAITOMO CAVES, NEW ZEALAND - PHOTOGRAPHING GLOW WORMS
Waitomo Glow Worm Caves, New Zealand



This stop on my travel bucket list might be the most enchanting. New Zealand is a place I've wanted to travel to for so long, but my urgency grew after learning about the Waitomo Caves, where thousands of glow worms gather and twinkle into the night. With a sight like that, who wouldn't want to visit? (image credit)

There are the top five points on my travel bucket list right now. What are some of yours? Don't forget to stop by Love Bailey Jean to check out the other bloggers' bucket lists and link up with us!


The post A Travel Bucket List | Blog-tember Day 9 first appeared on A Simpler Grace. If you enjoyed this article, please feel free to share it with your friends!

34 comments:

  1. Those last three especially are amazing! The glowworms are so neat, I had no idea you could go and see them like that. Your hot air balloon in CO one made me think of the hot air balloons in cappadocia, Turkey. We had friends who did a ride there and the pictures were unbelievable! Turkey's not exactly the best place to visit right now, but you should google pictures, it's stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to go to the glow worm caves! And hot air ballooning in Turkey sounds amazing. The landscape there is so beautiful and would be stunning from the air. Thanks for coming by Stephanie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i LOVE your choices. my parents road tripped on the pacific coast highway and enjoyed it so much. ps: i LOVE your blog! i am visiting from the blogtember challenge and really love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think your post just gave me the travel bug! I now need to add all these places to my list haha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nelle, I'm so glad you stopped by! I cannot wait to make the trip up the PCH. I love the shoreline on the west coast. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome Liane! Like I said in the post, my list is very long, so I wanted to feature a few places that were different from one another and where you could enjoy different kinds of activities. Thank you for stopping by to read!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh, these are AWESOME choices! Those pictures are incredible. 😍

    ReplyDelete
  8. All these places look amazing but I really want to visit Tuscany too. It just looks so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Italy and Colorado are both beautiful! Italy has had some of the best food I've ever eaten, and I'm super picky! The mountains in Colorado are breathtaking! Arches National Park is super high on my list, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh, these are all beautiful places! 2 summers ago, I took my younger siblings on a road trip from Oregon to San Francisco and we caught a lot of the coastline in our traveling plus a day in the Redwoods. SO BEAUTIFUL! YES YES YES to italy!! My husband and I hope to go next year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loved Tuscany-- it's truly as amazing as everyone says and I'd love to go back. Road tripping on the Pacific Coast Highway is also on my travel bucket list!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes! I am such a fan of Italian food (and the culture) that it has been at the top of my list for years.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't wait to get to experience all three!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yay! Love road trips. The Redwoods are high on my list too. So many things I want to see!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think most of Italy would be dreamy. Road tripping the PCH is a nice, low maintenance trip and I can't wait until I'm able to do it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Italy is for sure on my list! I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Stunning photos. I want to travel to all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  18. My bucket list is a mile long and I haven't able to even scratch the surface of it. Luck me though, I live in the Rocky Mountains, so hot air ballooning check!

    ReplyDelete
  19. All of these places look amazing! I would love to visit Tuscany!
    - Jessy
    www.currentbliss.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. So many places in Italy I'd like to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Awesome! and I'm a little bit jealous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh yes! Thanks for stopping by today Jessica!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Tuscany is high on my list of places to visit. All of these places look absolutely gorgeous. I have a coworker who just attended a wedding in Telluride. She said it was beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh, I bet the wedding was lovely! Thanks for coming by tonight, Crystal!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Chrissa - Physical KitchnessSeptember 9, 2016 at 11:12 PM

    I've been to Italy - it was TOTALLY on my bucket list before having babies and I am SO SO SO glad we did it! I wish we visited the southern tip but just not enough time. Tuscany is a-mazing!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I've done Tuscany & the PCH. :) Both are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Sounds like it was a lovely trip! Can't wait to go!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Yay! I'm excited for my own adventure. Thanks for coming by tonight, Jessica!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love all of these :)) Beautiful places!

    ReplyDelete
  30. So beautiful! :) Thanks for stopping by Hailey!

    ReplyDelete
  31. So many beautiful places! I've been to Tuscany and it is INCREDIBLE. I would also love to visit those caves!

    La Belle Sirene

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love that so many people are confirming how awesome Tuscany is! That makes me so excited to go. Thanks so much for stopping by Courtney!

    ReplyDelete