I've been excited about day 23 of blog-tember because I get to do something I love and that is share food with you! Today, the bloggers are sharing a family recipe with you and this is a soup that my family has been making for years and it is so delicious. It's the perfect way to kick off the first full day of autumn!
YIELD: 8 SERVINGS PREP TIME: 30 MINUTES COOK TIME: 1 HOUR
TOTAL TIME: 1.5 HOUR
- 3/4 cup onions, diced
- 4 tbsp. butter
- 6 cup milk
- 6 cups water
- 6 chicken bouillon cubes
- 8 oz. fine egg noodles
- 3 cups small broccoli florets
- 1 1/2 cups baby carrots, halved if large
- 1/2 cup celery, diced
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 1/2 lb. Velveeta cheese, cut into 1-inch cubes
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large stock pot or dutch oven, saute onions in butter over medium-high heat until soft and translucent.
- Add celery, carrots, bouillon and water and bring to a boil. Cook for a few minutes until bouillon is dissolved completely.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Add noodles, broccoli, milk, garlic powder, and cheese and simmer until cheese is melted and broccoli and carrots cook through.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
This soup is best served with a slice of crusty bread. Hope you enjoy!
What is one of your family's favorite recipes?
To see some of the other bloggers' recipes, hop over and visit Love Bailey Jean!