Thursday, September 08, 2016

Home Sweet Home | Blog-tember Day 8

Happy little nooks from the place I call home - Home Sweet Home | Blog-tember Day 8 #blogtemberchallenge



Day 8 of blog-tember is a house or room tour. How fun! 

My room is my sanctuary and I, without a doubt, spend more time in my room than any other room in the house. The kitchen would be the second. I thought rather than just share photos of the four walls in my room, I'd rather share the various little nooks that make me happy. So, welcome to my room.

Home Sweet Home | Blog-tember Day 8 #blogtemberchallenge

One of my favorite spaces is my bed. I have an antique bedframe that is over a hundred years old with a mattress that was custom-made for it. I searched high and low for bed linens that were calming and didn't have too many busy colors and found the perfect teal and brown ones that happened to match my walls perfectly. I have white Christmas lights strung on the wall over my windows for a little ambiance and they make me super happy.

Home Sweet Home | Blog-tember Day 8 #blogtemberchallenge

I keep my nightstand pretty simple: a box of kleenex, some books I'm working my way through, a journal and pen and my owl coaster with a mug filled with whatever beverage I'm enjoying. Today, it's just ice water. The little sachet hanging from the headboard is filled with lavender. The fragrance helps me sleep when I'm suffering from insomnia.

Home Sweet Home | Blog-tember Day 8 #blogtemberchallenge

I have an antique mirrored tray on my dresser that is filled with body cream, perfume, hair products and lots and LOTS of lippies. I might have a slight lip balm obsession, as made apparent in this photo. I had an antique mirror just like this when I was in high school but it broke. I managed to hunt this one down on Ebay and got it for a steal. So happy I found it!

Home Sweet Home | Blog-tember Day 8 #blogtemberchallenge

Y'all know I'm a candle-loving fiend, so I usually always have one lit when I'm home. This one is the amberwood slate candle from Archaology that I got from Target. I am always talking about it here on the blog and I am in love with the beautiful rustic blown glass jar it comes in. Next to it is a little pot of kalanchoe from my love, which makes me so very happy whenever I look at it.

Home Sweet Home | Blog-tember Day 8 #blogtemberchallenge

Finally, a tour of the happy nooks in my room wouldn't be complete without showing a peek at my bookshelf. I have the large Expedit shelf from Ikea and it is stuffed to the brim with my favorite literary collections. On top of the bookshelf is a photo of my brother who is now in Heaven, a few little succulent pots, a collection of some of the seashells and driftwood I've found at the beach and a photo of my sisters and me. I will admit to falling asleep many a night while looking at my bookshelf and smiling.

Those are a few of the little nooks in my room that keep me smiling. Now, I want to see yours! Make sure you hop over to Love Bailey Jean to check out the other posts and link up your own!




The post Home Sweet Home | Blog-tember Day 8 first appeared on A Simpler Grace. If you enjoyed this article, please feel free to share it with your friends!

4 comments:

  1. I don't go anywhere without my burts bees, I have backups upon backups and in every purse and bag and drawer....not as organized as you to have them in one place, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! If I don't keep mine in one place, I'd never be able to find one when I need it. Those little clear plastic cups you can get from the party stores are great to store lip balms and glosses in. That's what I use to keep them corralled. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh I really like your bed! And that antique mirror is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! I love using antiques in modern ways. :)

    ReplyDelete