Wednesday, September 28, 2016

If You and I Had Coffee | vol 4 | Blog-tember Day 28

A conversation over coffee #coffeedates - If You and I Had Coffee | vol 4 | Blog-tember Day 28 - A Simpler Grace



Once again, I'm stepping away from the blog-tember prompts and sharing a coffee date. I will be joining back up with the linkup tomorrow and Friday for the final two posts of the month. See you then!


If you and I had coffee...

We'd meet up at Starbucks, not one of our usual "locals only" spots, but we do have a tradition to go once a year for one thing and one thing alone. We both order a venti pumpkin spice latte, the one trendy drink we allow ourselves, and choose a little wrought iron table at the corner of the patio farthest from the door. We enjoy the late September sunshine and cool breeze as we sip our seasonal drinks.

If you and I had coffee...

I'd ask you how your last few weeks of your summer went and cringe with you when you mention how hot it had been and we'd both agree how grateful we were for the cooler temps that fall has bestowed upon us. We'd talk about our plans for the season, for applesauce making and pumpkin picking and how we both wish the leaves could stay the gorgeous crimsons, auburns and golds that are just peeking through the branches now.

If you and I had coffee...

I'd ask you if you had any fun projects you were working on and I'd tell you about the new style of journaling I have been trying out. It's sort of a mix between bullet and art journaling and it has been the perfect way for me to jot down my thoughts, sketch out ideas and keep track of things I want to remember without having to write them all out. I'd also add that it's been a great way for me to use up the stacks of Moleskine notebooks that I seem to be collecting lately.

If you and I had coffee...

We'd chat about happiness and I'd share with you how until just recently, I'd have said that happiness was overrated. For most of my life, I was ok with being content. I had settled for the bare minimum on the happiness scale. I'd admit now that it sucked. I'd tell you that it was only when one man recently walked into my life that I realized what I had been missing - what I had been deprived of, or depriving myself of, depending on which way you wanted to look at it.

If you and I had coffee...

You'd smile and tell me that you can't wait to meet him and then we'd spend a little time chit-chatting about fall cookies and how fast the holidays were going to hit us. We'd talk about getting together for some hot apple cider soon and maybe share some holiday recipes while we were at it. We'd finish our lattes and drop our cups in the recycling bins before giving each other a big hug and promising to meet up again soon.

To see some of today's blog-tember posts, stop by Love Bailey Jean.



The post If You and I Had Coffee | vol 4 first appeared on A Simpler Grace. If you enjoyed this article, please feel free to share it with your friends!

8 comments:

  1. I am SO SO happy for the cooler temps, boots, jackets, sweat pants, scarves, hot coffee and chill. LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! Such a brilliant way of looking at your life, and getting to know what it would be like to meet you and have coffee together. So inspiring and creative, well done ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would really love to have coffee with you! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for stopping by to read and leave your sweet comment, Quentin!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Summer is my favorite season, but fall is a close second! I've been hearing a lot about bullet journaling and I've been thinking of trying to start that up, but we'll see how that goes.

    Super glad to hear about the man in your life who's making you super happy! :] Hope you have an awesome rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Summer is a really good season. I always feel like I'm in a perpetual state of vacation. :) Thanks so much for stopping by, Farrah!

    ReplyDelete