Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Life Swap | Blog-tember Day 13

Who I would swap lives with and why - Life Swap | Blog-tember Day 13 #blogtemberchallenge



It's day 13 in the blog-tember challenge and today's prompt is who we would swap lives with if we could and why. This might be an easy question for some, and they might choose someone famous, such as a celebrity or someone else they consider more fortunate than themselves. I would also choose someone I consider more fortunate than myself, but for different reasons. I couldn't care less about fame or fortune and I believe the term "more fortunate than" doesn't have to be about these things. It could be about life experiences or personal qualities that make a person special. The person I've chosen for this post is someone who exemplifies a Christ-like spirit.

If I could swap lives with someone for one day, I would like to be Mother Teresa.

Mother Teresa is undoubtedly one of the most compassionate people to walk the face of this earth, having dedicated most of her life to her humanitarian efforts and caring for the sick and poor. She was not a perfect person. In fact, she suffered from a spiritual doubt most of her adult life, but she had a heart for Jesus and she followed her heart into a life as a missionary.

So many people think being a good Christian is about going to church on Sunday and living a moral life. I believe it is so much more than that. If you look at the life of Christ, he didn't dress up in his fanciest clothes and go sit in a building once a week, pretending to be a good person. He was out in the streets, talking to people, caring for the sick, encouraging the hurting. He spent his life with those we would consider unfit, like lepers, prostitutes, and corrupt tax collectors, and usually, their lives were changed because of it.

Mother Teresa served by doing the same thing. She took to the streets and cared for the sick, fed the hungry, encouraged the hurting. She took care of those "unfit" people when no one else would. 

Life Swap | Blog-tember Day 13 #blogtemberchallenge



I would want to spend a day in Mother Teresa's shoes because I want to feel her heart. I want to know what it feels like to have that drive for compassion. To have the desire to spend my days in the slums caring for those no one else would touch. In the self-serving society that we live in, I would like to see the world through Mother Teresa's eyes and then take my experience and let it guide me to living a more compassionate life. A more Christ-like life.

If you could swap lives with someone for a day, who would it be and why? To see who the other bloggers chose, stop by Love Bailey Jean.



The post Life Swap | Blog-tember Day 13 first appeared on A Simpler Grace. If you enjoyed this article, please feel free to share it with your friends!

2 comments:

  1. Good one. You are right, fame and fortune are not all they are cracked up to be (I would guess, being neither famous nor rich). But I do know the joy I get seeing someone smile in return for a smile I gave them, so Mother Theresa must have gotten a million times that feeling. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for stopping by to read, Janet!

    ReplyDelete