Thursday, September 29, 2016

Monthly Reflections | September + My Fab Five | Blog-tember Day 29

What I'm currently up to in life and on the blog. #currently #takingstock #monthlyreflections



The end of September is upon us. Normally, I share my reflections post on the last day, but there is still one more blog-tember prompt I want to write about tomorrow, so I'm wrapping up a day early. At the end of this post is today's blog-tember prompt: my fab five bloggers, so make sure you keep reading for that, but for now, here's a look at my September.

Lately, I've been...

Listening: to audiobooks. Lots of them.
Making:  tiny little Esther Day stars.
Cooking:  double-stuffed potato skins. Check back on Wednesday for the recipe.
Drinking:  Four Roses. Yum!
Reading:  Shaken by Tim Tebow.
Wanting:  a re-run of last weekend.
Looking:  forward to the future.
Playing:  SNES.
Wasting:  nothing.
Wishing:  old chapters would be completed so new ones could begin.
Creating: recipes and artwork.
Enjoying:  my present company.
Waiting:  for October to start so I can kick my rear into gear with a refresh of the squat challenge.
Liking:  the rainy fall week we've had. It's great cuddling weather.
Eating:  apples. Give me all the apples.
Wondering:  why bad things happen to good people and good things happen to bad people.
Loving:  the asthma-free feeling I have in this cooler weather.
Hoping:  I get to see my sister and her family this weekend.
Marveling:  at how things work out sometimes.
Writing:  in my note journal.
Needing:  to clear some time to get serious about novel writing. NaNoWriMo is just around the corner!
Photographing: temperamental skies.
Wearing:  Boho Soul big fat yummy hand creme from Perfectly Posh.
Following:  political hashtags. They've gotten funny. My favorite: #bartletforamerica
Noticing:  how much better I feel when I simplify.
Watching:  football.
Knowing:  I made the right choice.
Craving:  The Green Turtle french fries. OMGoodness, so good!
Working:  on some projects.
Thinking:  about Christmas cookies and making plans...
Bookmarking:  tailgating recipes with some of my fellow foodie bloggers.
Opening:  magazines. Trying to read and thin out my stash.
Feeling:  loved.

And now for the five bloggers I follow on the reg. These gals have a something special and even if I don't get to read their posts the day they go live, I ALWAYS bookmark them to read later. Check them out and see for yourself!

Madyson Grace - the gal behind the beloved Instagram account, beautiefulthings - she is so young but already leads such an inspiring Christ-centered life. 

Kristin from Iowa Girl Eats - one dedicated mama and creator of all things delicious and gluten free - she is one food blogger I've been following since before blogging became a mainstream thing.

Amber from Mr. Thomas and Me - this gal's got a gift when it comes to words and whether she is sharing one of her coffee dates, a book review or talking about their adoption process, it is raw and full of feeling.

Lara Casey - an inspiring and creative woman who has three small children but still manages to juggle her two professional endeavors and gives all the credit to God. Such a powerful testimony!

Rebecca from Simple As That - she is one of the first blogs that ever focused on the idea of collecting moments and not things. She shares her photography tips, recipes, travel ideas and lots of other good stuff on SAT.

To see the other bloggers' fab fives, stop by Love Bailey Jean and say hello!




What have you been up to in September?

The Monthly Reflections series was adapted from Taking Stock by Anna at Rich As Kings.

The post Monthly Reflections | September + My Fab Five | Blog-tember Day 29 first appeared on A Simpler Grace. If you enjoyed this article, please feel free to share it with your friends!

No comments:

D