Monday, September 19, 2016

My 5 Favorite Posts | Blog-tember Day 19

My 5 Favorite Posts | Blog-tember Day 19 #blogtemberchallenge



We  are on day nineteen of the blog-tember challenge and today I'm sharing some of my favorite posts from here on A Simpler Grace. I'm usually very critical of my own writing and it's sometimes difficult for me to be proud of things I share here, but there are a few posts where the words came easily. It's almost as if my soul opened up and poured out on the pages. I didn't have to think about being eloquent or dig in so you could feel what I wanted to share. It happened organically.


Here are five of my favorites...

Five Ways to Support A Loved One With Addiction Without Losing Yourself - this was a guest post I wrote for Leah Grey about how I have made my relationship with a brother strong while he was battling addiction and fighting through recovery.

Settling for Happiness -  an editorial about ending the struggle to get the next "best thing" and being happy with where we are now.

Dear Future Husband - a letter to the man I will spend the rest of my life with.

Dear Me (A Letter to My 16-Year-Old Self - some advice on life to the teenaged me.

Blaming God for Tragedies - thoughts on having and harboring anger toward God for the bad things in life.

And here are five of your favorites...

Finding Your Passions - my tips for discovering and cultivating your creative passions.

If You and I Had Coffee (vol 2) - a conversation about life, faith and rejection over coffee with a friend.

Pesto Pasta Bake with Feta & Grilled Chicken (a recipe) - one of my family's favorite recipes.

5 Tips to Take Better Photos With Your iPhone - some tips for mastering your photo skills with your mobile device.

Summer Berry Crostata - a guest post for Winstead Wandering where I share a recipe I created for a traditional Italian pastry.



To see what blog posts the other participants in the blog-tember challenge are loving, stop by Love Bailey Jean!



The post My 5 Favorite Posts | Blog-tember Day 19 first appeared on A Simpler Grace. If you enjoyed this article, please feel free to share it with your friends!

No comments:

D