Saturday, September 17, 2016

NY Times By the Book Tag | Blog-tember Day 17

NY Times By the Book Tag - A Simpler Grace


It's day 17 of blog-tember challenge and it's vlogging day. I'm NOT a vlogger, but I did commit to blog every day this month, so here is a post for all you bookish people.  This is the NY Times By the Book Tag.

  1. What is on your nightstand now? Swann's Way by Marcel Proust and The More of Less by Joshua Becker
  2. What was the last truly great book you read? One More Thing by BJ Novak. Seriously, a brilliant book
  3. If you could meet any writer - dead or alive - who would it be? And what would you want to know? Ernest Hemingway and I would just want to have a conversation with him, not about his writing, but about life.
  4. What books might we be surprised to find on your shelves? A collection of children's books I read when I was growing up
  5. How do you organize your personal library? My hardcovers are all on one shelf, paperbacks are on another. Series are grouped together and my cookbooks take up a large section of my bookcase.
  6. What book have you always meant to read but haven't gotten around to yet? Anything you feel embarrassed never to have read? I've never read the whole Game of Thrones series, the Lord of the Ring series or the Harry Potter series. They will all be read soon, though.
  7. Disappointing, overrated or just not good: what book did you feel you were supposed to like but didn't? Water for Elephants. It received rave reviews but I just couldn't get into it. Loved the movie, though.
  8. What kinds of stories are you drawn to? Any you stay clear of? I love any books that make me think, fiction or nonfiction. I love anything related to history, military, science or art. I usually stay away from fantasy or a lot of young adult lit.
  9. If you could require the president to read one book, what would it be? Honest Government: An Ethics Guide for Public Service
  10. What do you plan to read next? The Harbinger by Jonathan Cahn
What are you reading right now?

The post NY Times By the Book Tag first appeared on A Simpler Grace. If you enjoyed this article, please feel free to share it with your friends!

No comments:

D