Saturday, September 03, 2016

Summer Favorites | Blog-tember Day 3




The beginning of September marks the unofficial end of summer and it's hard to believe it's already over. Although I'm excited for fall, there were plenty of high points from the last several months. Luckily, day three in the Blog-tember challenge is all about sharing our summer favorites. Here are some of mine...




CLOTHING & ACCESSORIES
I am all about comfort when it comes to hot weather and nothing is more comfortable than the 32 Degree Weatherproof tees. These are lightweight, super-soft t-shirts that wick moisture away and they wash up like a dream. Even better, they were only $5 at Costco!

Even though I dress pretty casual in the summer, I do dress it up a little when I have a reason to. I am all about these high-neck trapeze tanks from Old Navy. They are lightweight and flowy and perfect for a night out. I love them so much that I own a handful of them.

I've had my eye on a piece of jewelry lately and it is a personalized necklace from Grace Personalized. I've loved this simple, understated piece since the good old days of SATC and the Carrie necklace and might be placing an order soon. :)

BEAUTY & SKINCARE
I am a sucker for NYX eyeshadow and I have not found a better palette than the Parisian Chic one from the Love in Paris line. It is the perfect collection of neutrals, some are shimmery and some are matte, and they are buttery smooth and so blendable. I live for this palette.

While we are on the topic of eyes, it's no secret that everyone needs a good eye cream as they get older. My favorite of all time, but particularly of this summer is the Repairwear Anti-Gravity eye cream from Clinique. This stuff is super moisturizing and firms up the undereye area without leaving your skin feeling greasy. What I love about it, though, is that it brightens the area under your eyes so those dark circles naturally fade away.

One more notable love from the summer is my all-time favorite nail color, Bubble Bath by OPI. This is the perfect summery nude and it's just pink enough to be girly but still keep that classic feel.

HOME
Y'all know I love my candles and can't go a day without lighting one. I find the ambiance relaxing and energizing at the same time. Some of you might also know that I only purchase candles that have more masculine notes because I prefer those over any floral or food smells. This summer, my favorite candle is one that I found at Target and although I haven't seen it in stores recently, you can still get it online. The Amberwood & Slate candle from Archaeology comes in the prettiest bowl and it smells like men's cologne.

This might be the oddball in today's post, but this summer, I am loving the HP Photosmart Plus B210 all-in-one printer. I've been working on a big project over the last several months and that is digitizing all of my print photos. I had albums upon albums that I wanted to scan so I could catalog and store my photos in one place, making them easily accessible and a lot more portable than lugging around stacks of albums. The scanning function on this printer made a huge task a dream job for me.

FITNESS
I have been all about the yoga this summer and have been trying to practice every day. I recently stumbled on the 30-day yoga camp with Adriene on YouTube and am actually doing this program for the month of September. She has such a soothing voice and guides you through longer flows so you don't get bored but actually feel both relaxed and like you've had a good workout.

MULTIMEDIA
Without a doubt, my favorite music of the summer is from The 1975.  I found these guys when they were featured on a playlist a friend of mine shared and I'm oh, so grateful. I can not rave more about this group of four hailing from London with their smooth, dark and rhythmic sounds. 

I did a whole lot of reading this summer and there were a lot of stand-out books but, by far, the top of my list features One More Thing by B.J. Novak. This collection of short stories will give you all the feels and make you think, something I adore in a book.

I didn't manage to see a whole lot of new films this summer, but the few I did get to view were really good. I had a fun daddy-daughter date earlier this season and went to see The Legend of Tarzan in 3D and it was fantastic. The cinematography was flawless. The special effects were so good and the story showed another side of the traditional Tarzan movies we all know and love.

EATS
Summer is my favorite time of the year to pick up fresh produce from the farmer's market and this season was no exception. I had some of the best fruits and veggies over the last few months. Some of my faves were strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, cherries, peaches and apples and I can't forget about the carrots and cauliflower. Also, on a side note, my pepper plants have tiny little peppers growing. I also have baby carrots sprouting. So excited about produce.

What are some of your favorites from the summer?

Don't forget to check out the rest of the posts in today's blog-tember linkup over on Bailey Jean's blog.




The post Summer Favorites | Blog-tember Day 3 first appeared on A Simpler Grace. If you enjoyed this article, please feel free to share it with your friends!

14 comments:

  1. love the photos and the items selected, but the candle has to be my favourite item. I am addicted to candles haha!

    xx
    Cheryl
    http://daisycandle.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That necklace is gorgeous! And... So is your site! Stopping by from the link up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lecy! (Beautiful name by the way!) I love that you included the perfect summery nude nail polish. I have been searching for that perfect nude color and could never find it. Also, that book sounds like a great read!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, the candle is SO GOOD! Thanks for coming by today, Cheryl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah I'm in love with that necklace and thank you! Happy you stopped by!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much, Hailey! You should give the nail polish a try. It's such a pretty color. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am loving that cute name plate necklace!

    xx katie // a touch of teal

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adrienne was my first at-home yoga teacher. Love that girl! I recommend her to any yoga newbie. I have a yoga group (find us on Facebook at Make Space for Yoga), and many of the members there are also doing her 30-day challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That necklace from Grace Personalized is adorable. I am intrigued by The Amberwood & Slate candle from Archaeology. I am too am a candle lovin' lady and this scent sounds amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How fun! I might check out your group. Need some yoga buddies!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am in love with the necklace and the candle is the best. I always have a candle going. :)

    ReplyDelete