Wednesday, September 07, 2016

What I Read | August + 5 Things That Bring Me Joy | Blog-tember Day 7

What I Read | August + 5 Things That Bring Me Joy | Blog-tember Day 7 #blogtemberchallenge



Happy hump day! It's blog-tember day 7 and I'm sharing five things that bring me joy, but first for all you book lovers, here are the highlights of what I read in August!


Must Read

One More Thing: Stories and Other Stories by B.J. Novak | ★★★★★
This is a book of short stories from actor, screenwriter and director, B.J. Novak. I listened to the audiobook, so it was narrated by a vast collection of characters ranging from Mindy Kaling to Jason Schwartzman to Lena Dunham. We're talking funny people, here, and they all do such a great job of getting into their various parts. This book will make you laugh and cry but it will also make you contemplate all of life's questions and for that, this book is in the running for the best of 2016.

Noteworthy
In a Dark, Dark Wood by Ruth Ware | ★★★★
It all starts when a group of people gather for a mutual friend's bachelorette weekend...in a house...in the dark, dark wood. All seems to be going well until the protagonist wakes up in the hospital, not remembering anything, but overhearing that someone has died - and she is a suspect. This book is a revisiting of the events leading up to her present situation and her attempt to piece together what she did.

Other mentions for the month of August:

The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up by Marie Kondo  | ★★★★
The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde by Robert Louis Stevenson  | ★★★★
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson  | ★★★☆☆

What did you enjoy reading this month?

And now for today's blog-tember prompt: 5 things that bring me joy.
  1. A book
  2. A big cup of tea, preferably pomegranate green tea
  3. My man
  4. Hugs from my nephew
  5. Cuddling in bed on a rainy day
What are some things that bring you joy?

The post What I Read | August + 5 Things That Bring Me Joy | Blog-tember Day 7 first appeared on A Simpler Grace . If you enjoyed this article, please feel free to share it with your friends!

6 comments:

  1. Oooh! Excuse me while I go stalk your blog for any other book review posts! Those DEFINITELY bring me joy!!! One More Thing sounds hilarious, especially since BJ Novak included so many funny ppl to narrate! He was hilarious on The Office so it would be fun to see what he is doing on him own now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Books and tea definitely bring me joy too! I think I need to find the BJ Novak audio book too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Feel free to stalk my book reviews! Are you on Goodreads? I also love BJ Novak. He is hilarious. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha thanks! And yes, I'm on goodreads!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! I'm glad to have a new friend on Goodreads! :)

    ReplyDelete