Saturday, October 01, 2016

Hello October | Goals

A monthly series tracking the goals I've set both in my personal and blogging life. - Hello October | Goals - A Simpler Grace



September flew by because I was so busy blogging and it's hard to believe we are already talking about goals again. This was not a good month for my to-do list. I really thought I'd have more time to do these things but I was preoccupied with blog-tember. It's a new month and I have a fresh, clean slate so I hope to do better in October! 

My goals for September. Let's see how I did...
  • Eat clean and gluten-free all month I did pretty well but did have several cheat days. I regret those bad decisions almost immediately, but I still do it. Will try to be better about this in October.
  • Start letter writing project Nope. Nada. Didn't even think about this.
  • Complete the Blog-tember challenge Yes! I blogged all thirty days of September!
  • Complete the 30-day squat challenge and lose ten pounds I got about half-way through the month then completely spaced out and forgot. Trying again this month.
  • Devote two hours a week to something creative Because I was so busy blogging last month, I did absolutely nothing creative. Tacking this one on to October's to-dos.
  • Read eight books from my reading challenges Hooray! I completed eight books in September!
  • Complete the September section from my Bible-in-a-year plan Done and done!
  • Create two recipes for my cookbook I spent a lot of time in the kitchen, but didn't devote much time to recipe creation. Next month...
  • Simplify my routines and life and get rid of excess Sure did and it feels great! I still have a lot more simplifying to do so I'll continue this in October.
  • Try a new craft or DIY project from Pinterest Nope.
  • Finish the rest of the blog tweaks Didn't even touch the blog code in September. Definitely this month, though.
And my goals for October...
  • Eat clean and gluten-free all month
  • Complete the 30-day squat challenge
  • Devote two hours a week to something creative
  • Read eight books from my reading challenges
  • Complete the October section from my Bible-in-a-year plan
  • Create two recipes for my cookbook
  • Try a new craft or DIY project from Pinterest
  • Read sixty articles that I've pinned on Pinterest
  • Complete four Bible journaling entries
  • Finish the rest of my blog tweaks - for real, yo!
  • Simplify my routines and life and get rid of excess
What goals did you set for yourself this month? 

The post Hello October | Goals first appeared on A Simpler Grace.  If you enjoyed this article, please feel free to share it with your friends!

20 comments:

  1. You have a ton of reading to do this month! You go, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on completing the September blog challenge! I really want to do so something like that one month, but it'll have to wait until I finish grad school! My goals this month are all school-related

    ReplyDelete
  3. I should have added to read all the articles Ive saved on facebook

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome list, and looks like you got a lot accomplished in September! I have to revisit the goals I made for myself; I feel as though it's halfsies with what I promised myself I'd do, and what was actually done :) Here's to an even better October! XO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woohoo!! Way to go on fully completing Blogtember! I'm doing a 31 days of blogging challenge in October but I'm not sure how well I'll do at that...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eight books is my normal quota, but I'm secretly aiming for fifteen. I have a lot of work for the publishing houses to do and I need to catch up. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. School goals are good Nellwyn! And I had a blast doing the blog challenge. It was so much fun and it was a great way to meet new bloggers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I started adding my Pinterest articles when I realized that I was saving them then never going back to read them. My goal is to go through the entire folder and curate the content I find useful rather than just storing everything. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have months like that too, Charlotte, but I look at it like a process and not an end-all situation. Thanks for stopping by to read!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks, Rachel! I know you can do the 31 day challenge. You'll have a lot of fun doing it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on what you have accomplished!! October looks to be busy. As I was reading this, I wanted to add that blogging is being creative (at least it is in my mind!) Here's to a great month.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you, Sheryl and you are so right! Thanks for coming by to say hello!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are a busy lady- I feel kind of lazy after reading this ;)
    Great job setting goals and meeting them- especially blogging everyday for a month! That take a ton of commitment.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like to stay busy! Blogging for a whole month was a lot of fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've started posting my goals on a weekly basis on my Facebook page. I think it adds some social accountability. What do you do to celebrate when you reach your goals?

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is a GREAT idea, Sarah! You know, I've never thought about doing something to celebrate my success. Usually, I just add another goal to my list. Haha! Perhaps, I should start though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think fall is a great season to set some new goals and get things accomplished. :) I am with you on simplifying routines!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yes! I would never make it thought the holiday season if I didn't simplify things before all the craziness. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I loved your post! You are so tight! I feel like I have so many goals I haven't accomplished and have a countdown now to get them done hah

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks Tahnee! Hope you are able to knock some of those goals off your list!

    ReplyDelete