Tuesday, October 11, 2016

James 1:2-8 | Bible Journaling

James 1:2-8 | Bible Journaling - A Simpler Grace #illustratedfaith



Hello and good morning! So, if you follow the blog regularly or if you read my monthly goals posts, you'll remember that I haven't been the best about keeping up with my Bible journaling goal. In order to help myself accomplish this task, I decided to add a few journaling posts to my editorial calendar for the month.



This go around, I chose one of the first passages I memorized in elementary school, from the book of James.

"Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing. If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him. But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea that is driven and tossed by the wind. For that person must not suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord; he is a double-minded man, unstable in his ways." - James 1:2-8 (ESV)

James 1:2-8 | Bible Journaling - A Simpler Grace #illustratedfaith

Whenever I hear this verse, the "count it all joy" part makes me think of rainbows, which was the ultimate symbol of joy when I was a child. I remember the toys I had that lit my world up like Rainbow Brite and unicorns and I always drew rainbows on every piece of paper I could get my hands on. Because I memorized this passage so early on (the benefits of going to a private religious school) I have always associated it with the nostalgia of my childhood.

James 1:2-8 | Bible Journaling - A Simpler Grace #illustratedfaith



James 1:2-8 | Bible Journaling - A Simpler Grace #illustratedfaith

I hope you enjoyed a little peek into my journaling Bible. It's nothing fancy, but it is a little creative outlet for me that allows me to express myself both spiritually and artistically. Have a fantastic Tuesday and I'll see you tomorrow!

Do you journal in one form or another in or with your Bible? What is your favorite passage?

The post James 1:2-8 | Bible Journaling first appeared on A Simpler Grace. If you enjoyed this article, please feel free to share it with your friends!

2 comments:

  1. Your journaling looks so beautiful! I haven't gotten into bible journaling quite yet myself, but I did recently start a prayer journal that I sometimes write passages from the bible into. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alison, that's wonderful. I have a journal that I'd like to start using as a prayer journal. Such a great idea! Thanks for stopping by today to check out the post. :)

    ReplyDelete