Friday, October 14, 2016

Links to Love | 71

A post featuring my favorite reads from the week.  #linkstolove #fridayfavorites - Links to Love | 71 - A Simpler Grace



Happy Friday! TGIF! We made it to the end of the week and I hope it was a good one for you. These early fall weekends of October are usually always packed with lots of fun events, and I know mine will be busy with family and work, but I still hope to get some time outside to enjoy this gorgeous weather. 

Here are my favorite reads for the week. I hope you enjoy them as much as I did!

From around the web:
  • It turns out that maybe dogs enjoy autumn as much as we do. Here, photographer Anne Geier captures photographs of her dogs living in the season. 
  • Social media in the United States is revolving around the presidential election and candidates, so when Dirty Jobs' host, Mike Rowe was recently asked to encourage his followers to vote, he had this response and his wisdom is gold.
  • Photographer Yana Manischewitz captures some gorgeous images of flowers, half frozen and half alive, as recently shared on Bored Panda.
  • "There's a fine line between apologizing because the situation warrants it, and pressing for validation of your worth." - Joelle Zarcone on how to let go when your apology isn't enough.
On the blogosphere:
  • Sexism is a hot topic in our country right now, and writer and editor Joy Beth Smith recently shared in the Washington Post, her thoughts on Trump, sexual assault and why some religious leaders are excusing his behavior.
  • Erica Layne recently wrote for Simple As That blog and shared 10 ways to find more open spaces in your family's life.
  • Laura Vanderkam shared in Verily Magazine what's different between the really productive people and the rest of us and provides some simple yet effective tips for how to change that.
  • If you've ever been in a relationship with someone who hasn't treated you the best, you know how different it feels to be with someone who does. Bibi Deitz shares on Bustle what it's like to date someone who treats you right and the lessons you learn.
Here on A Simpler Grace:
  • Yesterday, I shared a recipe for my twist on the Apple Brown Betty - an autumn dessert with warm apples, cinnamon, hearty oats and served with ice cream and a drizzle of caramel.
  • On Wednesday, we met up for hot apple cider and chatted about life and all the things in the latest coffee date.
  • I shared my journaling process for the Bible passage of James 1:2-8 and why it is a nostalgic one for me, on Tuesday.
  • Monday, I shared my grateful heart and linked up with Emily in our weekly gratitude post.
What are you loving from this week?

This post featured some of my favorite reads from the week. I was not prompted or compensated for sharing any of these links with you. If you wish to share something you've seen here, please click the link and share from the original source.

The post Links to Love | 71 first appeared on A Simpler Grace. If you enjoyed this article, please feel free to share it with your friends!

2 comments:

  1. Floral photography makes me smile but I have never seen flower photos like that link! That was utter gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, girl, weren't they!? I would never have thought freezing something could hold so much beauty. :)

    ReplyDelete