Sunday, October 30, 2016

Monthly Reflections | October

What I'm currently up to in life and on the blog. #currently #takingstock #monthlyreflections - Monthly Reflections | October - A Simpler Grace




Where did the month of October go? Strike that. Better question, where did the year go?? I am frantically looking for the pause button and trying to slow the last few months of 2016 down, but it doesn't seem to be working. 

I'm reminded of the quote, "I'm so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers" (Rainbow Rowell) and I really, truly am. October is one of my favorite months for several reasons. It is a season of change, of beauty, of renewal, and one of happiness for me. Anyway, this is what the month looked like for me.

Lately, I've been...

Listening: a lot of audiobooks.
Making:  plans for the rest of the year.
Cooking:  soup. Give me all the soup.
Drinking:  hot tea and hoping it helps me get rid of this nasty sore throat and bronchitis.
Reading:  all the things. My reading habit kicked into high gear this month.
Wanting:  some snow for my birthday... Not measurable snow, but a dusting would be acceptable.
Looking:  forward to the completion of some projects I'm currently working on.
Playing:  sudoku and mahjong, also BrainAge and Professor Layton on my NintendoDS. (Yes, I still have one of those and use it every day.)
Wasting:  lip balm. I'm slathering it on every chance I get, even when it's not needed. No dry winter lips for me, this year.
Wishing:  I had a clone. One that could do my normal daily duties and one that could read all day.
Creating: lists. Lots and lots of lists.
Enjoying:  these cool October days.
Waiting:  for the 7th.
Liking:  the new spa line from doTERRA, particularly, the mud mask.
Eating:  cauliflower and homemade ranch dip. I don't like bottled ranch dressing, so I make the packaged kind with sour cream. Delish.
Wondering:  how many words I'll get written for National Novel Writing Month (November).
Loving:  all the cute Halloween costumes I'm seeing this week. My favorite was my pregnant friend and her husband who dressed up as Bob Ross and his happy little tree. Totes adorbs.
Hoping:  the next week goes by quickly. I am SO ready for this election to be done with. Anyone else with me?
Missing:  my love, who is across the country at this moment. Can't wait until he is home again.
Writing:  love notes.
Needing:  to get outside more with my camera.
Photographing: nothing except book covers right now. I want to do some portraits for my family soon, though.
Smelling:  eucalyptus essential oil. You guys, THE BEST when you have any kind of chest congestion.
Wearing:  the heck out of some sweats and yoga pants. I'm all about comfort when I'm feeling under the weather.
Following:  some awesome creatives and small business owners I connected with in a pod from the Rising Tide Society. 
Noticing:  how my health has improved since a special someone came into my life.
Watching:  Blended. You guys know my fave actors are Adam and Drew, and when they get together on a Happy Madison film, it's magic. I totally feel like Blended is what would have happened if they hadn't gotten together at the end of The Wedding Singer. If you've seen it, think about it...
Knowing:  what my purpose is in life.
Craving:  pizza.
Working:  on jewelry projects to use up some supplies I had stockpiled...then maybe shutting my jewelry business down for good? Haven't decided this yet.
Thinking:  about things that make me smile.
Bookmarking:  inspiring articles.
Opening:  the lid to the storage tub that houses my antique tea china collection. I'm pulling the pieces out, photographing them and doing some research.
Feeling:  happy and excited for November.


What have you been up to in October?

The Monthly Reflections series was adapted from Taking Stock by Anna at Rich As Kings.

The post Monthly Reflections | October first appeared on A Simpler Grace. If you enjoyed this article, please feel free to share it with your friends!

No comments:

D