Monday, October 03, 2016

Simple Gratitude | 46

 A weekly series focusing on practicing gratitude.  #gratefulheart #gratitude #feelingthankful - Simple Gratitude | 46 - A Simpler Grace



Hi, friends! It's the first Monday of October and I'm back on my normal blogging schedule again. I'm so glad to be able to jump in every week with my gratitude posts and truly missed the few weeks I shared other posts for blog-tember.

It was a good week with a few lows but lots of highs and I got to spend the weekend with the people I love, so you can't beat that!

This week, I'm grateful for:
  • A break in the weather. It's been raining non-stop for the past week. I'm talking, downpours and high winds. We lost a few big trees up here in the mountains but didn't lose power, so that's always a good thing. Sunday, we had a break in the clouds and the sun finally came out for a bit and I'm feeling very grateful for that change of pace.
  • Good news for a loved one. We received word that my brother, who has been away since last winter, will be coming home very soon. I've missed him terribly and am excited to have him close again.
  • A clean slate. You all know how much I love starting a new month and therefore, getting a clean slate. I began pursuing some new goals this month and am tackling a few old ones as well and the motivation is strong
  • Weekends with my love. There is nothing better than getting to spend time doing all the things with my man. We spent Friday night watching movies and did some shopping and football watching on Saturday. Wouldn't trade this time for anything in the world.
  • Sunday brought with it a big football watching party and my siblings came with their friends and families to eat and hang out. My mom made her famous "best damn ham sandwiches" and I made a big pot of homemade macaroni and cheese and I got lots of snuggles in with my niece and nephew. It was tons of fun and really good to get to see everyone together.

A Grateful Heart with Ember Grey

What are you grateful for today? Hop over to Ember Grey to link up!

This post is part of the Grateful Heart Monday linkup with Emily at Ember Grey.

The post Simple Gratitude | 46 first appeared on A Simpler Grace. If you enjoyed this article, please feel free to share it with your friends!

12 comments:

  1. What a lovely post! I am grateful today for some slightly cooler weather that signals that fall is finally arriving here. We've had an unusually hot summer in Georgia, and this is welcome news!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a very nice reminder to count our blessings - and I had to laugh because I'd been down on the constant rain here too ( in Ohio) - but today's a beautiful sunny day, truly something to be grateful for:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many blessings! God is good. We are about to get a ton of rain from Hurricane Matthew. Not a fan of the severe storms. Ick.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for cooler weather! Thanks for stopping by Trish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no, Holly! Praying that you guys stay safe that the storm isn't as bad as they are predicting. <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also love that a new month brings along a clean slate. I set goals this month to hopefully get me on track as well.

    I love your blog and just started following along with you on bloglovin<3 I would love a follow back!

    xo Nicole
    www.damatoadventures.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nicole, I love the clean slate feeling. Good luck on your goals for the month and I look forward to keeping up with you on Bloglovin! <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Counting our blessings is an awesome way to start the week. Keep us humble yet strong! Thank you for this great reminder :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so grateful for the opportunity to work from home with my babies!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's definitely something to be grateful for, Emilie! I'm glad you are able to spend that precious time with your kiddos. :)

    ReplyDelete