Monday, October 10, 2016

Simple Gratitude | 47

A weekly series focusing on practicing gratitude.  #gratefulheart #gratitude #feelingthankful - Simple Gratitude | 47 - A Simpler Grace



Happy Monday, everyone! I hope this morning's post finds you well and those of you who were in the path of Hurricane Matthew are safe and sound.

This morning I wanted to share with you, two little bits that have been encouraging me lately. Sometimes, it seems like the obstacles that fall in our path are too large for us to conquer. Heck, Mondays can sometimes feel like that, and when you have this feeling, all else seems impossible. I hope you find encouragement in these and you start your week off on the right foot.


"There are moments when troubles enter our lives and we can do nothing to avoid them. But they are there for a reason. Only when we have overcome them will we understand why they were there." - Paulo Coehlo - The Fifth Mountain

...and my life verse:
"I have said these things to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world, you will have tribulation. But take heart, I have overcome the world." - John 16:33 (ESV)

This week, I'm grateful for:
  • The best man in the whole wide world. The more time I spend with him, the more sure I am of him. He knows my heart through and through and I have never felt so loved in my life. I thank God and my lucky stars for him every single day and often wonder what I could have done to deserve such a blessing.
  • Cooler temps and changing leaves. I know Hurricane Matthew raised havoc in many areas of the Southeast, but here in the DC Metro area, he brought lots of rain but left behind a beautiful Sunday. We had cool temperatures and beautiful blue skies and the foliage is finally starting to change for the season. It finally feels like fall, y'all!
  • Empty pages in my sketchbook. I'm starting the week off with plans to dig into my sketchbook and work with some watercolor paints. Feeling very inspired lately.
  • Knowing that God's got it. After watching this crazy presidential circus here in the US, I often have to remind myself that no matter who ends up as our leader and what they do while in office, whether positive or negative, it really doesn't matter because God is in control. He has His hand in everything, and that gives me hope for this country, this world, and our future.
  • Waterproof mascara. Because it's been one of those weeks. On that note, can anyone recommend a REALLY good eye makeup remover that works on the waterproof stuff? 

A Grateful Heart with Ember Grey

What are you grateful for today? Hop over to Ember Grey to link up!


This post is part of the Grateful Heart Monday linkup with Emily at Ember Grey.

The post Simple Gratitude | 47 first appeared on A Simpler Grace. If you enjoyed this article, please feel free to share it with your friends!

No comments:

D