Monday, October 17, 2016

Simple Gratitude | 48

Sharing my #gratefulheart on the blog today - Simple Gratitude | 48 - A Simpler Grace #gratitude #feelingthankful



"Love cures people - both the ones who give it and the ones who receive it." - Karl A. Menninger

Good Monday morning to ya! I hope you were able to enjoy a gorgeous fall weekend like I was. We had absolutely perfect weather. It was cool and breezy and the leaves are FINALLY starting to change color. I looked back to last fall and we were already in full color by the first week of October and this year, we are just barely starting to see some golds and crimsons peeking from the treetops. A bit slow this year, but I plan on taking some photos once the change is more visible.


I wanted to share the Menninger quote above because lately, it seems like there are a whole lot of hurting people in the world. I notice it, particularly when I'm on Facebook. So many people feel the need to lash out at others by posting hurtful comments  and it pains me to see humans tearing each other down this way. Love goes a long way to making this world a better place. Can we maybe focus on being positive this week and building one another up in love rather than destroying with hate? I think it would make us all feel better.

This week, I'm grateful for:
  • The return of Red. My tribe will be a little more complete this afternoon when one of my brother's arrives back home. He's been gone for over nine months and it's felt like a little piece of my heart has been missing since he left. He's got some big challenges ahead of him, so prayers and happy thoughts would be appreciated, but I know he has it in him to succeed.
  • Sunday football with the family. We spent the afternoon gathered around the tv watching the games and eating LOTS of Mexican food. There is so much nostalgia in the bustle of so many of my loved ones together, and it takes me back to when I was a kid when we used to have aunts and uncles and cousins over every Sunday for a big football party.
  • Goals met and items checked off my to-do list. I had some downtime this week and I was able to sit down and devote a pretty large chunk to getting some long overdue things done and it feels so good to get them off my list!
  • Books, books and more books. I've been a reading machine lately and tore through several over the weekend. They were just too good to put down and it's got me in the mood to pick up more. Luckily, Dewey's 24-hour readathon is this Saturday, so I'll have a whole day to read.
  • The best man and best friend a girl could ask for. I am the luckiest girl to have this man in my life. He is so good to me and I love him more and more every day. So happy to do life with him.

A Grateful Heart with Ember Grey

What are you grateful for today? Hop over to Ember Grey to link up!

This post is part of the Grateful Heart Monday linkup with Emily at Ember Grey.

The post Simple Gratitude | 48 first appeared on A Simpler Grace. If you enjoyed this article, please feel free to share it with your friends!

20 comments:

  1. I agree, so much hurt in the world! I love the idea of this gratitude journal too, I need to start writing one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your rallying call to focus us back on what's right in the world! I'm grateful for the great summer-like weather we're having today, my nieces and nephews cute texts to me, and for the work I'm doing to put the finishing touches on our upcoming projects:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this post!!! I wrote about gratitude today too. I'm thankful for Sunday night football as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that quote! It is so important to be grateful for the things we have.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm grateful for my family and our little life together. I'm also thankful for a great man! Happy Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This photo is so peaceful! Glad to hear your brother is back. Im sending prayers his way. And yay for football too! What are you reading? I need to expand my reading.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this post! So important to recognize the things we are thankful for. Helps keep everything in perspective. I am thankful for my health, family, children, and husband. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's a great way to focus on what's good and important in life! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome Kirstie! All great things to be grateful for! <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. It definitely helps to focus on the positive things in life. Thanks for coming by, Rebecca!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic things to be grateful for! Thanks for coming by Ivanna!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks Kim! Right now I'm reading The Girl on the Train, I'm also a member of the launch team for Tim Tebow's new book, Shaken, so I'm in the middle of that as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for this post! It's so important to be mindful of the simple, everyday joys that we all have in our lives, and to take a moment to acknowledge them.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are so right! Thank you for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's a great list of gratefulness. Thanks for reminding me to remember what I'm grateful for.

    The How-to Guru

    ReplyDelete
  16. I agree that people have been tearing each other down a lot lately. It's crazy! Watching football with the family is always a good time! I have been reading some here and there. I wish I had more time to read. Great job on meeting your goals!

    ReplyDelete