"I want every day to be a fresh start on expanding what is possible." - Oprah Winfrey
Oh Monday, we meet again. At the beginning of every new week, I always feel both excited and a little resentful. Excited, for the feeling of a slate wiped clean and a chance to be better than I was yesterday, but resentful because I wish the weekend had lasted just a little longer, so I could enjoy the sunshine and family time and relaxation a fraction more.
It was a good weekend, don't get me wrong. It was a weekend that left me feeling both inspired but contemplative, more certain of where I want to be but unsure of which path I want to take to get there. I am at a crossroads and only time and prayer and a little soul-searching will tell me which direction I will head. One thing I know to be true - love is love is love. That will never change and nothing can break the bonds that love creates.
This week, I'm grateful for:
- Family time. My brother is back and we had a huge welcome home party for him on Sunday. All of my siblings and their significant others came to celebrate his return and we finally got a group shot of the eight of us and families all together. We are going to try for a full family shot during the holidays so we can get our parents (and hopefully, my love as well) in the photo.
- The Year of the Work letters. Every month, Kayley mails a letter to my home and in it, are words that penetrate the depths of my soul. She has such a gift with encouragement and the raw emotion she shares in these letters is both pensive and moving. She has been such a blessing to me.
- A new season of the Rising Tide challenge. I found the Rising Tide Society several years ago through one of their challenges on Instagram. Over four thousand creative entrepreneurs sharing images of their life, their work, and their inspiration for five days, one week a year. They are at it again. This week, I'll be joining up with RTS in their #risingtideinstachallenge and am so excited. Last go around, I connected with so many amazing creatives and look forward to building some new relationships again this year.
- A successful readathon. I participated in Dewey's 24-hour readathon over the weekend and was so happy with how far I made it. I read for a total of 21 hrs 30 mins, got through six whole books and over two-thousand pages. The next one is in April of 2017 and you bet I'll be signing up!
- Lunch dates with my love. I can only hope there are many more of them in the future. <3
What are you grateful for today? Hop over to Ember Grey to link up!