Monday, October 31, 2016

Simple Gratitude | 50

A weekly series focusing on practicing gratitude.  #gratefulheart #gratitude #feelingthankful - Simple Gratitude | 50 - A Simpler Grace



Happy Halloween!

It's the last day of the month and I'm sad to see October leaving but excited to start a new month. November is my favorite month of the year. It's when the weather finally turns cold here in the mid-east, it's my birthday month, and there is always Thanksgiving and lots of time with family and friends. It's also the beginning of the 30 Days of Gratitude and the start of National Novel Writing Month. It's going to be a busy one!

This week, I'm grateful for:
  • Essential oils. I've had a nasty respiratory virus for the past few days and have been trying to head it off with a handful of essential oils. I am so thankful that I can use something natural that helps me work through an illness and keeps me out of the doctor's office or hospital during flu season!
  • A fresh month of calendar pages, goals and ideas. I don't know about you, but I love opening my planner to a fresh month and filling it up with tasks and appointments and lots of other fun things. I'm so excited to stuff November full.
  • Classic books. I've been working through some of the classics that I either didn't read in school or didn't read thoroughly enough and I'm loving them. I'm definitely trying to diversify my reading list the rest of this year and more broadly in 2017.
  • Good friends to exchange encouragement with. Sometimes a girl just needs a friend to give her an emotional boost and sometimes it's that girl doing the boosting. I'm glad to have these few great friends who are always around when I need a little push in the right direction.
  • An empty email inbox. You guys know the feeling you get when you finally dig to the bottom of your inbox? Yeah, well, I reached that and it feels oh, so good.

A Grateful Heart with Ember Grey

What are you grateful for today? Hop over to Ember Grey to link up!

This post is part of the Grateful Heart Monday linkup with Emily at Ember Grey.

The post Simple Gratitude | 50 first appeared on A Simpler Grace. If you enjoyed this article, please feel free to share it with your friends!

4 comments:

  1. I love essential oils! I really need to start a gratitude journal. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm grateful for my Queen Elsa for Halloween granddaughter and the whole rest of my family. I'm also grateful for hot coffee and warm beds, for fall, for new and creative ideas, and so many other things. Loved this post so much. Thanks for helping us remember!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes to all these things and I'm sure Queen Elsa was adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete