Hello, November! It's going to be a very busy remainder of the year and it's good that I just spent the last few months simplifying my life. Although I have a lot more to do, it's cleared the way for me to keep my head down and work my rear off and accomplish some of these goals. Here's to finishing 2016 on a good note!
My goals for October. Let's see how I did...
- Eat clean and gluten-free all month I kept a clean diet about half of the time in October. I really need to get better at making my health a priority. More thoughts on this in a dedicated post later this month.
- Complete the 30-day squat challenge October was so busy that this completely slipped my mind. Giving it one last go in November and have set up daily reminders to get me through the month.
Devote two hours a week to something creativeYes! I did a lot of painting and some knitting and a whole lot of photography. Will keep up with this one for the remainder of the year. Read eight books from my reading challengesI crushed this goal this month. With my regular reading and the books I tore through for Dewey's readathon, I read a grand total of twenty-one books in October! Woohoo! Complete the October section from my Bible-in-a-year planDone! I started my Bible-in-a-year plan at the end of April and had a goal to complete it by the end of 2016 and I am now on track to do so. I'm starting this again in January and going for the full year with daily reads this time, but am also thinking about incorporating a Bible journaling challenge in with my daily reading. Stay tuned. Createtwo (one) recipes for my cookbookI created my Apple Brown Betty at the beginning of the month and had penciled in another recipe this last week of October, but I've been sick and thought better than to prepare food for others' consumption while I was contagious. This recipe has been moved to November's goals.
- Try a new craft or DIY project from Pinterest Again, I had all my supplies out to do this project this last week, but I've felt like poo, so I didn't feel up to doing it. I am tacking this one on to the new month.
Read sixty articles that I've pinned on PinterestDone and done. I've also realized that this is bound to be a neverending project, as I keep adding new articles to this "to-read" board on Pinterest. Thinking about a way I can wrangle this habit in and clear some of these boards up in a timely manner. Completefour (two) Bible journaling entriesI think I completed two entries in October, one that I did a blog post on and one that I might feature on Instagram soon. I did, however, choose some verses/passages I want to journal this month, so I'm excited about that. Finish the rest of my blog tweaksThis is probably one of the longest-running goals since I started doing these posts last spring, but... (wait for it) The blog tweaks are done! With the help and encouragement of my tech-whiz man, I finally checked this off my list. Simplify my routines and life and get rid of excessThis is a work in progress and I did a whole lot moving toward letting go of things, habits and people that were no longer bringing me joy and making me a better person. I still have some work to do in this area and there has been some interest on exactly what I'm doing, so there might be a blog post forthcoming on the topic.
And my goals for November...
- Stick to my editorial calendar for the month
- Eat clean and gluten-free all month, as always
- Complete the 30-day squat challenge
- Write 50,000+ words for National Novel Writing Month
- Devote two hours a week to something creative
- Read eight books for my reading challenges
- Complete the November section from my Bible-in-a-year plan
- Create two recipes for my cookbook
- Try a new craft or DIY project from Pinterest
- Read sixty articles that I've pinned on Pinterest
- Complete three Bible journaling entries
- Update my media kit and take steps to start monetizing the blog
- Simplify my routines and life and get rid of excess
What goals did you set for yourself this month?