Friday, November 18, 2016

Links to Love | 75

My favorite reads from the week #linkstolove #fridayfavorites - A Simpler Grace



It's Friday! We made it! It's the week before Thanksgiving (if you are reading in the US) and if you are anything like me, you probably have a ton of stuff to do. I'd love to hear what your plans are for the rest of the week. Drop me a line in the comments below and share what your holiday plans are!

Here are my favorite reads for the week. I hope you enjoy them as much as I did!

From around the web:
  • National Geographic recently hosted their Nature Photographer of the Year contest and Bored Panda has over twenty of the best images submitted.
  • If you follow the tattoo trend, you'll have probably noticed how many are opting for a single word instead of a design or object. Check out these 33 powerful ideas.
  • Self-care is so important - especially during the holidays. Emma Lord recently shared for Bustle her 15 tips for practicing self-care and improving your mood.
  • Genius idea alert. What happens when your wine bottle comes with a book attached? I mean a real short story - attached to to the front of the bottle!
On the blogosphere:
  • Beauty and The Beast is, by far, my favorite Disney movie of all time. A few months ago, I saw the teaser trailer for the new live-action movie currently in production. This week, I just happened to stumble on a few images from the film, set to be released in March 2017, that Merlot Mommy shared on her blog. You guys!! If I can ramble for just a moment... This is exactly what I pictured the movie looking like. The cast is perfect and the Beast's castle... Reminds me of Paradiso Perduto from the 1998 adaptation of Great Expectations. Perfect in every way and I am so taking my seven-year-old niece to see this when it comes out. Update: the official trailer was just released!
  • Yesterday, Ann Voskamp had Francine Rivers share about what happens when we allow things to entangle us.
  • Kelly from Primarily Inspired recently shared a post about what to do when church challenges your faith and it's an amazing read.
  • If you're looking for a last-minute dessert recipe for Thanksgiving, then you have to check out these Pumpkin Cheesecake Cupcakes with Salted Caramel Sauce from Cooking Classy. Hello, love!
Here on A Simpler Grace:
  • On Wednesday, we had a coffee date and chatted about life, books, the holidays and changing seasons.
  • Tuesday morning, I shared something I hadn't done in over thirty years: a letter to Santa Claus and my hope for the holidays.
  • For Grateful Heart Monday, I shared the highlights from the last week's gratitude journal and talked about why this was a difficult post for me.
  • On Sunday, I shared a peek at my Bible journaling process for Psalm 147:4.
What are you loving from this week?

This post featured some of my favorite reads from the week. I was not prompted or compensated for sharing any of these links with you. If you wish to share something you've seen here, please click the link and share from the original source.

The post Links to Love | 75 first appeared on A Simpler Grace. If you enjoyed this article, please feel free to share it with your friends!

No comments:

D