Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Monthly Reflections | November

What I'm currently up to in life and on the blog. #currently #takingstock #monthlyreflections



November, you came and went too quickly. You left us with just one month remaining in the year. Thirty-one days left on the calendar. You were a different kind of month. Not what I was expecting. Not even what I was hoping for. Just different. And now you're gone, leaving the blustery thrill of December upon us.


Lately, I've been...

Listening: to the haunting, melancholy sound of Amber Run "I Found".
Making:  tiny little stars. (More on this to come)
Cooking:  up some recipe ideas for Superbowl snacks.
Drinking:  big mugs of tea.
Reading:  a good friend's manuscript for NaNoWriMo. And lots of books too.
Wanting:  to make another trip to the used bookstore soon. I need to trade in old favorites for some new ones.
Looking:  through old magazines for inspiration.
Playing:  sudoku, like always. Gotta keep this brain fit.
Wasting:  time, being anxious.
Wishing:  I could get the words burned into my heart, written out on paper.
Creating: inspiration boards for 2017.
Enjoying:  solitude.
Waiting:  always and impatiently.
Liking:  swapping out my tea for hot chocolate on occasion.
Eating:  pumpkin pie. All day, every day. 
Wondering:  if the theory Liz Gilbert puts forth in her book, Big Magic, (about receiving great ideas from "the spirits") is really possible... If so, I'm opening myself up.
Loving:  my armadillo. <3
Hoping:  for miracles, in the spirit of Advent.
Missing:  my Fuzzies. :(
Writing:  poetry. Something I haven't done in years.
Needing:  to finish up my 2016 reading challenges.
Photographing: some things for Instagram.
Smelling:  Sarah Jessica Parker's new perfume SJP Stash. Aaagh, cannot get enough!
Wearing:  fuzzy chenille socks and oversized sweatshirts.
Following:  new people on Twitter. Let's be friends?
Noticing:  I need to work on mindfulness and self-compassion... again.
Watching:  The Good Place reruns.
Knowing:  a rough road lies ahead.
Craving:  salt.
Working:  hard. Really, really hard.
Thinking:  about life.
Bookmarking:  yoga routines. After a month on 3x steroids, I've got some work to do.
Opening:  up to the possibility of change.
Feeling:  contemplative.

What have you been up to in November?

The Monthly Reflections series was adapted from Taking Stock by Anna at Rich As Kings.

The post Monthly Reflections | November first appeared on A Simpler Grace. If you enjoyed this article, please feel free to share it with your friends!

14 comments:

  1. I love these kind of posts, they help getting to know the people you like better! Totally following you on Twitter! Happy Tuesday xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so sweet! Thank you for taking the time to read! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I ❤️ yoga too! Have you seen "Yoga with Adriene" on YouTube? She's great! It's how I get my "daily" fix in. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You totally just reminded me that I forgot to do an Armchair Chat / November reflection! Thanksgiving has me all messed up. I loved reading what you've been up to this month! This time of year always makes me feel contemplative too, especially as we approach the New Year. Also, give me all the pumpkin pie! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adriene is one of my favorite yoga instructors! I love how down to earth she is and that she talks you through each pose. Sometimes I need that extra reminder to breath in the middle of a difficult flow! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. My schedule is a little messed up because of the holiday as well. Maybe you could do an end-of-year Armchair Chat and recap the last few months. Thank you so much for coming by to say hello! <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Writing poetry! I need to get back into that. I enjoy finding ways to say what I want to say through poetry. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Writing poetry is like a breath of fresh air for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Sudoku too! I need to step up my yoga game and sudoku game actually lol

    Rachel | The Confused Millennial

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how challenging sudoku can be! And yes, definitely stepping up my yoga game in preparation for 2017!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I never could really get into The Good Place... I love her but it just didn't click for me!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can see why it would be difficult to get into. Thanks for stopping by today, Branson!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love reading posts that break down things by category. It's really fun to challenge yourself to see how what all you've been up to.

    ReplyDelete