I don't know about you, but I get so frustrated when I don't have a quick and easy snack to grab when I'm rushing out the door. Some days, I don't have time to prepare something and I end up resorting to fast food, which we all know leads to nowhere good. Today, I'm sharing my recipe for these delicious peanut butter chocolate chip energy bites that take just a few minutes to prepare and you can keep them in your fridge for easy access when you are on the go.
This recipe is gluten free and can be easily altered to make them vegan, plus you can swap out the chocolate chips for dried fruit and the peanut butter for another type of nut butter, Make them how you want them and I promise you, they'll be delicious!
PEANUT BUTTER CHOCOLATE CHIP ENERGY BITES
YIELD: 16-20 BALLS PREP TIME: 15 MINUTES FREEZE TIME: 30 MINUTES
TOTAL TIME: 45 MINUTES
INGREDIENTS: (can be doubled)
- 1 cup gluten-free old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup ground flax seed
- 3/4 cup creamy natural peanut butter
- 1/2 cup organic honey (or agave if you are vegan)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips (substitute dairy-free chocolate chips or dried fruit if you are vegan)
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl until well incorporated.
- Roll out small balls about 1 to 1.5-inch in diameter (a little smaller than a golf ball) and place on a baking sheet.
- Place baking sheet in freezer for 30 minutes until energy bites are firm.
- Store in an airtight container in refrigerator for up to one week.
I hope you enjoy making these yummy energy bites and enjoy eating them even more! Be sure to let me know if you try this recipe and tag me in your photos on Instagram using the #ASGcooks hashtag!
What are your favorite ingredients to add to energy bites?