Sunday, November 13, 2016

Psalm 147:4 | Bible Journaling

Psalm 147:4 | Bible Journaling - A Simpler Grace #illustratedfaith #shepaintstruth



Good morning and happy Sunday! I thought I'd hop on today and share a recent Bible journaling passage I worked on. Something simple, but still really fun to create.

This passage has been speaking to me over the last few days. Since the election on Tuesday, my heart has been breaking. Many groups of people are being made to feel very small and insignificant and I thought we all needed a simple reminder that we are loved by a God who doesn't label us but instead sees us all as his children. A God who, with over seven billion souls in this world, remembers each and every one of us and cares for us all. This might not mean anything to some, but it gives me hope. Hope for a better tomorrow and a world with more loving, open-minded and compassionate souls and fewer hateful ones.


"Praise the Lord! For it is good to sing praises to our God; for it is pleasant, and a song of praise is fitting. The Lord builds up Jerusalem; he gathers the outcasts of Israel. He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds. He determines the number of the stars; he gives to all of them their names. Great is our Lord, and abundant in power; his understanding is beyond measure. The Lord lifts up the humble; he casts the wicked to the ground."  - Psalm 147:1-6 (ESV)

Psalm 147:4 | Bible Journaling - A Simpler Grace #illustratedfaith #shepaintstruth

I used several different mediums for this project including watercolor paints, pastels and charcoals and some Neocolor watercolor crayons. I wanted to capture what looked like the solar system with thousands of stars shining bright and I am really happy with how it turned out.

Psalm 147:4 | Bible Journaling - A Simpler Grace #illustratedfaith #shepaintstruth


Psalm 147:4 | Bible Journaling - A Simpler Grace #illustratedfaith #shepaintstruth


Psalm 147:4 | Bible Journaling - A Simpler Grace #illustratedfaith #shepaintstruth

I hope you enjoyed seeing a little glimpse into my process for this passage and were blessed by it.

Do you journal in one form or another in or with your Bible? What is your favorite passage?

The post Psalm 147:4 | Bible Journaling first appeared on A Simpler Grace. If you enjoyed this article, please feel free to share it with your friends!

No comments:

D