Monday, November 07, 2016

Simple Gratitude | 51

A weekly series focusing on practicing gratitude.  #gratefulheart #gratitude #feelingthankful - Simple Gratitude | 51 - A Simpler Grace



Happy Monday! This is truly the happiest Monday I've had in a long time and it's because of one of the things I'm grateful for below - that hasn't even happened yet! Needless to say, I'm very excited and felt like a kid waiting for Santa last night while I tried to sleep.

This is my first gratitude post in the new month and I must say, I have a full heart. Already this month, there are so many things I am thankful for and I'm kinda feeling sad that I can only list five here. Several of these items will have dedicated posts that are forthcoming, so you'll hear about those soon, but for now, here's what I can share.

This week, I'm grateful for:
  • My love is coming home today! My man has been across the country on a business trip since the middle of October and I have missed him so stinkin' much. His plane lands early this evening and I couldn't be more excited to see him and spend some time with him. My heart will be whole again very soon! <3
  • My little brother. Yesterday, the baby of my siblings turned eighteen years old. He was born shortly after I began college and many people who saw the two of us together thought he was my child. If that doesn't date me, I don't know what does, but I'm so thankful for him and what he has brought to our family.
  • Kickin' butt and takin' names... and checking things off my to-do list. I had such a productive weekend! I finished planning out my editorial calendar for the rest of this year and completed a few big projects. I also started some new big projects (more on these soon) and still managed to enjoy some good old "me" time. I did something I haven't done in about a year - sat down in front of the tv, all by myself, with a bowl of cereal and watched Sex & the City, the movie - one of my favorites. It was so relaxing and I definitely needed that!
  • A box of hair color and a pair of scissors. On the note of being productive over the weekend, I also played hairdresser for myself. I colored my hair (more like filling in all the white spots) and trimmed three inches off the length. I am so pleased with how it came out and it feels so healthy and shiny now. A good cut and color at the salon would normally run me at least  $300 because my hair is so long and thick. Hooray for good boxed color!
  • New medicine. I visited my doctor a few weeks ago and we decided to switch me over  to some new steroids for my adrenal insufficiency. They are supposed to regulate my cortisol levels better than what I was taking previously and there are fewer side effects, which is a huge relief. Grateful for the opportunity to try something new and keeping my fingers crossed that it works as it should!

A Grateful Heart with Ember Grey

What are you grateful for today? Hop over to Ember Grey to link up!

This post is part of the Grateful Heart Monday linkup with Emily at Ember Grey.

The post Simple Gratitude | 51 first appeared on A Simpler Grace. If you enjoyed this article, please feel free to share it with your friends!

2 comments:

  1. I love your list! You're brave to cut your own hair. The closest I've come is trimming my bangs from time to time. I think it's odd that some salons charge extra for thick hair/length. Hope you have a wonderful time tonight. I would be going crazy if it had been that long since I'd seen my husband! Stopping over from Grateful Heart Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Emily! My hair is pretty easy to cut. Other than being really thick, it's curly so it doesn't show the choppiness of a home-done haircut. :) Thanks so much for stopping by today!

    ReplyDelete