I have to admit that I've struggled with writing this post. It's been a tough week for me. Having a grateful heart has not come easy for me this week. Even after practicing gratitude and keeping a gratitude journal for so many years, there are times when gratitude is not something that comes naturally. Without wanting to sound ungrateful, I'll simply say that sometimes it's a struggle to pick out the positive. When you are feeling beat down by life, the negative readily presents itself and it's difficult to break the cycle and find those little things that stand out and make a difference.
This is an attempt to break that cycle.
This week, I'm grateful for:
- The Peaceful Piano playlist on Spotify. I've always been one to convey my emotion best through music - especially when I am struggling with depression. Many times, it has pulled me out of that depression. This playlist is six hours of moody yet uplifting piano music that lets you sit in your grief and feel it and then quietly draws you back into the real world again.
- The Barack and Biden memes on Twitter. I don't care which side of the political aisle you sit, these are funny and they've given me quite a few belly laughs over the last few days.
- New ideas. I've often joked that I come up with my best ideas when my mood is dark and true to form, the ideas have come rolling in. My horoscope [Sagitarrius] said this was coming and lo and behold... (Of note: I only read the horoscope for fun and don't put real stock in it. 😉)
- Good friends who share their NaNoWriMo manuscripts with me when I've yet to jot down a word of my own. Let's just say I have very talented friends and can't wait to see their work in published form.
- Highlighters. Because even your to-do list gets down and needs something bright to cheer it up.
What are you grateful for today? Hop over to Ember Grey to link up!