Monday, November 14, 2016

Simple Gratitude | 52

Simple Gratitude | 52 - A Simpler Grace  #gratefulheart with @embergreyblog #gratitude #feelingthankful



I have to admit that I've struggled with writing this post. It's been a tough week for me. Having a grateful heart has not come easy for me this week. Even after practicing gratitude and keeping a gratitude journal for so many years, there are times when gratitude is not something that comes naturally. Without wanting to sound ungrateful, I'll simply say that sometimes it's a struggle to pick out the positive. When you are feeling beat down by life, the negative readily presents itself and it's difficult to break the cycle and find those little things that stand out and make a difference.

This is an attempt to break that cycle.

This week, I'm grateful for:
  • The Peaceful Piano playlist on Spotify. I've always been one to convey my emotion best through music - especially when I am struggling with depression. Many times, it has pulled me out of that depression. This playlist is six hours of moody yet uplifting piano music that lets you sit in your grief and feel it and then quietly draws you back into the real world again.
  • The Barack and Biden memes on Twitter. I don't care which side of the political aisle you sit, these are funny and they've given me quite a few belly laughs over the last few days.
  • New ideas. I've often joked that I come up with my best ideas when my mood is dark and true to form, the ideas have come rolling in. My horoscope [Sagitarrius] said this was coming and lo and behold... (Of note: I only read the horoscope for fun and don't put real stock in it. 😉)
  • Good friends who share their NaNoWriMo manuscripts with me when I've yet to jot down a word of my own. Let's just say I have very talented friends and can't wait to see their work in published form.
  • Highlighters. Because even your to-do list gets down and needs something bright to cheer it up.

A Grateful Heart with Ember Grey

What are you grateful for today? Hop over to Ember Grey to link up!

This post is part of the Grateful Heart Monday linkup with Emily at Ember Grey.

The post Simple Gratitude | 52 first appeared on A Simpler Grace. If you enjoyed this article, please feel free to share it with your friends!

16 comments:

  1. You and I have similar listening stations on Spotify ;) I know just what you're saying ... sometimes it's just not that easy. But, I don't think there's anything too little to be grateful for... it's more about the act of being grateful. And, highlighters are pretty great :) I hope you're able to find some rest and reset this week, Lecy! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will look for this playlist on spotify. As I type, someone is playing piano beside me and it sounds so peaceful. And about those memes, my goodness i can't resist the good laughs. I'm always on the floor when I see one :-) XX
    Michelle
    http://twenty7bymichelle.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean. I've found that it's especially important to meditate on the positive when time's get tough... at least for me, thinking about the good helps me to remember that there is so much out there in the world. I'm loving all the Biden/Obama memes, too :) They're always good for a giggle.

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am no stranger to seasons where it is hard to focus on gratitude! I am definitely checking out that playlist!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will look for the playlist as well! I love the sound of a piano and wished I could play it! It's so beautiful! Thank you for the motivation!
    Happy Monday xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're right, Emily. Nothing is too little to be grateful for. Thanks so much for stopping by to read!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is very true. It's important to concentrate on the positive. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think we all go through seasons like that from time to time. Hope you enjoy that playlist!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wish I had learned to play too! I can play a little by ear, but don't read music so I haven't gotten very far. Thanks for coming by today!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm grateful for my friends and family for throwing me a bridal shower yesterday, and that my fiancé comes home this week from TX after 7 months being in Air Force training.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh yes The Biden memes are so funny— the best part of Instagram these days!
    New ideas are definitely something to be thankful for..

    — DT | Here I Scribble

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's so exciting! Congratulations on your upcoming nuptials and I'm so happy you will see your fiance again soon. <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes! In such a tense week, it's been good to get a few laughs in. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am right there with you understanding that some weeks it is so hard to be positive. It happens, we are all human. I'm glad you found some things to help put a smile on your face. The Biden meme's are hysterical!! I will be so sad when they are no longer a thing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks so much for your encouragement, Kendra, and yes, the political memes keep me laughing. :)

    ReplyDelete