Monday, November 21, 2016

Simple Gratitude | 53

Sharing my #gratefulheart on the blog with @embergreyblog - Simple Gratitude | 53 - A Simpler Grace



Hi, friends!

It's going to be a quiet week around here because of the Thanksgiving holiday, I plan on spending a lot of time in the kitchen getting ready to help feed about twenty people, so I'm going to be a busy girl! What are your plans this week?

This week, I'm grateful for:
  • Rainbows. If you follow along on Instagram, you might have seen the gorgeous rainbow I got to see over the weekend. I was riding in the car with the man and it was raining but the sun was shining and we saw the full arc of the rainbow. We even saw a double bow for a short time. It was beautiful.
  • My local pharmacist. The past several months have been kind of hectic because I've had to switch my medication schedule up, which, by itself, is a huge ordeal. This was complicated when insurance only covers the one brand I have a severe adverse reaction to. I have been working to sort this out for so long and finally had a helpful pharmacist who was able to obtain a new brand of medication for me. Feeling grateful for those people who do their job well.
  • Motivation. I've been so tired (see above item) this month and haven't had a lot of energy to do much, but this weekend I got a little bit of it back and used it to get some work done. Now I have a road map for the next several weeks so I can (hopefully) finish up 2016 with a bang.
  • Winter weather. It's finally starting to look and feel like winter around here! I can't wait to see snow falling up here on the mountain.
  • A cozy bed. When you spend a good portion of the day asleep, you soon find out all the discomforts a bed can offer. Luckily, my bed is wonderful and I've been able to get plenty of rest over the last few days.

A Grateful Heart with Ember Grey

What are you grateful for today? Hop over to Ember Grey to link up!

This post is part of the Grateful Heart Monday linkup with Emily at Ember Grey.

The post Simple Gratitude | 53 first appeared on A Simpler Grace. If you enjoyed this article, please feel free to share it with your friends!

20 comments:

  1. Great things to be thankful for! I love rainbows too! They remind me of God's promises each time I see them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so incredibly grateful my finacé is finally home. I'm so thankful that we have all of our friends home for the holidays. I'm so appreciative that we have such a great group of friends who loves each other to death.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful post and I'm so glad you shared- you also reminded me to do my grateful/thankful list for this week and now I know where I can link up to! :) I really loved the motivation point- I totally hear you, been so lazy this last month or so with moving, now i'm getting back to hard work to finish up my goals! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these posts! They always make me so happy. :) Thanks for sharing! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE a cozy bed. One of my bad habits is just staying in bed in the mornings because I'm so comfortable. I have to put my alarm across the room in order for me to get up each day. But I could stay in bed for a long time because I love the feeling too!
    MyNaturalBabyBirth.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always love reading gratitude lists. I'm also thankful that the weather is getting colder and for a cozy bed... even if it's hard to get out of it in the morning! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rainbows are always a great reminder of God's promises! Thanks for coming by to read, Brittany!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad he made it home safely and in time for the holidays! I bet it's good to have him back. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes! We'd love to have you link up with us. The more the merrier! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh yes, I love my bed. The time change (making it darker when I wake up) and the fact that it's getting colder out makes it that much more difficult to get out of it in the morning. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm very happy about the colder weather too, Crystal. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your list! I am grateful for my friends and family. I love that the cooler weather is starting. It always puts me in the mood for the holidays

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes, I'm definitely getting in the mood for the holidays as well!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Divya @ Eat. Teach. Blog.November 24, 2016 at 7:06 AM

    I'm grateful to have my sister in town to celebrate Thanksgiving with us! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Medication switches and insurance issues are the worst, and you are so right to be thankful for your pharmacists. Thank you for the reminder to appreciate even then smallest parts of my life!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So many things to be grateful for! I hope cooking went well and that you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's always good to see family for the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you, Laura! I hope you had a lovely day too!

    ReplyDelete