Monday, November 28, 2016

Simple Gratitude | 54

Sharing my #gratefulheart Simple Gratitude | 54 - A Simpler Grace #gratitude #feelingthankful



Well, that week went by quickly. It's so hard to believe Thanksgiving is already over and we are well on our way to Christmas. Holiday music is playing. Decorations are going up. Cookies are being baked. It's times like these when I am reminded of how much I have to be grateful for.

Sunday marked the first week of Advent - the week of hope. I've been thinking a lot about hope and what I hope for in the remainder of the year and in the coming new year. But hope means so much more than my measly expectations. If you look at the definition of hope, it means a feeling of trust, grounds for believing that something good may happen, a person or thing that may help or save someone. Advent is literally translated as coming and as those of Christian faith celebrate the birth of Christ during the Christmas season, we are looking ahead with hope for the second coming.

I will be looking forward with hope and a grateful heart this week.

"Let us hold tightly without wavering to the hope we affirm, for God can be trusted to keep His promise. Let us think of ways to motivate one another to acts of love and good works, and let us not neglect our meeting together, as some people do, but encourage one another, especially now that the day of his return is drawing near." - Hebrews 10:23-25 (NLT)

This week, I'm grateful for:
  • Family time. It was so good to get to hang out with my family for Thanksgiving and enjoy a peaceful holiday. Because there are so many of us, it's hard to get everyone together in one place at the same time, but when we do, it's always a good day.
  • A quiet and productive birthday. I gained another year last week and those who know me well, know that I do not like a big hype for my birthday. No gifts, no cake, no singing, NO PARTIES. I got to spend a quiet day in the kitchen, cooking and preparing for the holiday and checked off so many things from my to-do list. If only every day was my birthday! 
  • A weekend with my love. My man surprised me by stealing me away for the weekend and it was so relaxing and wonderful. He is so good to me and every day I find new reasons to love him. I am evermore grateful he is in my life.
  • Surprise visits from my niece and nephew. On a day I was feeling down-in-the-dumps, my sister stopped by and brought her kids. They are growing so quickly and are so smart! It's fun to hang out with them and their visits always brighten my day. 
  • A busy week ahead. I wouldn't normally be happy about starting Monday off with a full list of things to do, but this week, I'm feeling motivated and ready to tackle my projects before the end of the month.

A Grateful Heart with Ember Grey

What are you grateful for today? Hop over to Ember Grey to link up!

This post is part of the Grateful Heart Monday linkup with Emily at Ember Grey.

The post Simple Gratitude | 54 first appeared on A Simpler Grace. If you enjoyed this article, please feel free to share it with your friends!

2 comments:

  1. There are always things to be grateful for. Even if it's the smallest thing. I was very happy to spend time with my family as well for Thanksgiving. Happy belated birthday!! I'm glad you enjoyed your quite time. Sometimes it's nice to have a laid back birthday celebration. Good luck at tackling everything you need to get done this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you and you're right about there always being something to be grateful for. Thanks for stopping by today!

    ReplyDelete