Saturday, December 31, 2016

Monthly Reflections | December

What I'm currently up to in life and on the blog. #currently #takingstock #monthlyreflections - Monthly Reflections | December - A Simpler Grace



"Learn from yesterday. Live for today. Hope for tomorrow."

In just a few hours, we will in 2017. Let's just sit back and think about that a moment. I remember being a kid in the early 80's and thinking how far away the year 2000 sounded and here we are seventeen years beyond that! Somehow, I just can't seem to wrap my mind around it, but here we are.


Before I give you a peek at what I've been up to in December, I wanted to first wish you all a very happy and blessed coming year. I hope you have a great night and remember to stay safe! Happy New Year!

Lately, I've been...

Listening: The Relax & Unwind playlist on Spotify.
Making:  cookies with my nieces.
Cooking:  homemade stuffed shells (two ways) for my brother's birthday.
Drinking:  DetoxWater!! This stuff really is so good!
Reading:  SO. MANY. BOOKS. I'm finishing up Brad Meltzer's The Culper Ring series and it's amazing!
Wanting:  a relaxing New Year's Eve.
Looking:  forward to SHARE-ing more in 2017.
Playing:  catch up after having the flu last week.
Wasting:  paper in notebooks. Anyone else feel the need to write pretty lists?
Wishing:  my love could be home tonight and not across the country.
Creating: a plan for January.
Enjoying:  my new phone. :)
Waiting:  for the kettle to boil. Always. I've been drinking a lot of tea lately.
Liking:  the way I feel when I don't have to rush.
Eating:  from the AIP diet and feeling so much better. 
Wondering:  what is possible in the new year.
Loving:  early morning phone calls.
Hoping:  I can prove my doubts wrong.
Missing:  my sister and her kids.
Writing:  with more heart.
Needing:  some snow and time on the slopes.
Photographing: not enough. I need to get out with my camera.
Smelling:  bergamot & sandalwood candles.
Wearing:  yoga pants. All day, every day.
Following:  people who inspire me.
Noticing:  you get back what you put into something.
Watching:  YouTube videos about books.
Knowing:  things are going to be ok.
Craving:  gingerbread cookies.
Working:  hard at reaching my goals this new year.
Thinking:  I'm happier when I don't worry about things I have no control over.
Bookmarking:  feminist TED talks. More on this later...
Opening:  doors.
Feeling:  excited about what's to come.


What have you been up to in December?

The Monthly Reflections series was adapted from Taking Stock by Anna at Rich As Kings.

The post Monthly Reflections | December first appeared on A Simpler Grace. If you enjoyed this article, please feel free to share it with your friends!

2 comments:

  1. This is a super fun idea for recording the end of a year and moving into the beginning of a new year! I have done this sporadically before, but love the idea of doing it in December each year!!! :) Also, gingerbread cookies are my FAVE!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do a reflections post at the end of every month as a way to wrap-up the month. I've seen a lot of bloggers do the Currently posts but I loved how this one has so many prompts to share about. :)

    ReplyDelete