Monday, December 12, 2016

Simple Gratitude | 56

Today I'm sharing my #gratefulheart on the blog with @embergreyblog #gratitude #feelingthankful - Simple Gratitude | 56 - A Simpler Grace




Today's little moments become tomorrow's precious memories.  - unknown

Good morning!

I'm amazed at how quickly the weeks are flying by now. The new year will be upon us before we know it. In the meantime, I'm trying to live in the moment and celebrate the little things that bring me joy every day. These are some of those things.

This week, I'm grateful for:
  • The love of my life. Sunday was a special day - my love's birthday - and although I am thankful for him each and every day, it's nice to celebrate his life and be reminded of how much joy he brings to mine.
  • A win for Green Bay! My team is finally starting to play like they want it again. Go Pack go!!
  • Holiday baking cookbooks. I'm almost ashamed to tell you that I own as many cookbooks as regular books and several of them are dedicated to holiday baking. I'm hoping to make several kinds of cookies and other yummy treats for Christmas this year!
  • Christmas lights. You know when the whole family gets together for the project of putting holiday lights up, that's it's going to be good and they did not disappoint this year. They still aren't done yet but expect a photo or two on Instagram soon.
  • Six years and a doctor I call House. This weekend marked an anniversary for me. Six years ago, I went into, what I now know was an adrenal crisis and consequently, fell into a coma. I was very close to dying but was under the care of an amazing doctor in the emergency room. He refused to treat just my symptoms, as many ERs do these days, and kept digging until he could give me a definitive diagnosis. Prior to this, I had years of extreme illness and constant hospital visits without any answers. I'm thankful for my "Dr. House" for not only saving my life but also putting the time in to give me an answer and my quality of life back. 

A Grateful Heart with Ember Grey

What are you grateful for today? Hop over to Ember Grey to link up!

This post is part of the Grateful Heart Monday linkup with Emily at Ember Grey.

The post Simple Gratitude | 56 first appeared on A Simpler Grace. If you enjoyed this article, please feel free to share it with your friends!

2 comments:

  1. Such a sweet way to begin Monday. Yay Packers! It's sad that it isn't "standard" for doctors to actually diagnose. That's amazing and such a blessing to have an unconventional doctor look deeper into what was afflicting you!

    Glad for your gratefulness, friend! ❤

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! Thanks for stopping by, Kayla! <3

    ReplyDelete