Monday, December 19, 2016

Simple Gratitude | 57

Today I'm sharing my #gratefulheart on the blog with @embergreyblog #gratitude - Simple Gratitude | 57 - A Simpler Grace




Merry Christmas week to those of you who celebrate. Happy holidays to those of you who don't. Happy Monday to all, regardless.


Can you believe we have a little less than two weeks left in the year? I still have so much work to do before the end of the month and time is slipping through my fingertips in favor of all the little holiday tasks that aren't necessities but are a lot more fun than work. Here's to buckling down and kicking some butt this week so we can all enjoy the holiday!

This week, I'm grateful for:
  • Late night chats about life with friends. As someone who has always suffered from insomnia, I'm lucky to have a handful of friends who are also frequently up in the middle of the night. I can always call or text them and know I have an ear when I am needing advice on some big life decisions I must make soon.
  • My Addison's Disease support group. I'm grateful to have at my fingertips, over 5,300 people who struggle with the same chronic illness that I do, in one Facebook group. Being an international group, no matter what time of the day or night, someone is always available to answer questions, offer support or just chat when the burden of the disease gets to be a bit too much to bear. Such amazing and strong people!
  • Clean laundry. You know that feeling you get when you've washed, folded and put away that last load of laundry? Yep. I'm grateful for that.
  • Recipe testing and plenty of snacks to munch on. I am developing a few recipes for a collab post next month and whipped up some tasty appetizers in a trial run and they turned out great! I love when I nail a recipe in the first shot. After using my family as guinea pigs, it has been decided that we have some new favorite snacks.
  • Blogging goals checked off. This last quarter of the year marked the one year anniversary of A Simpler Grace (since the rebrand) and I've set a handful of goals for myself over the last few months to ready the blog for some big leaps to come. I had planned to make said leaps in 2017, but my efforts put me ahead of my deadline and I've already solidified the next steps in this blogging journey. I'm so grateful to see this space that started out as nothing but a hobby, grow to be what it is today and I can't wait to see what the new year brings.

A Grateful Heart with Ember Grey

What are you grateful for today? Hop over to Ember Grey to link up!

This post is part of the Grateful Heart Monday linkup with Emily at Ember Grey.

The post Simple Gratitude | 57 first appeared on A Simpler Grace. If you enjoyed this article, please feel free to share it with your friends!

No comments:

D