Tuesday, December 06, 2016

What I Read | November + FREE Winter Reading List Printable

 A look back at what I read last month + free reading list printable! #ASGbookshelf #whatIread



Hello, fellow bookworms!

Despite being super busy with the Thanksgiving holiday, November brought along the opportunity to read a lot of books. A lot of really good books. I don't think I've ever rated this many books with four or five stars in one month as I have in November and I'm ecstatic about that. Below is the run-down of all the books I read and what I thought of them.


Also, you guys loved the summer and fall reading list printables I shared this year, so I'm offering one for the winter! There is more info on how to download that list at the bottom of this post, so don't miss out on that!


Must Read

Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell | ★★★★★
It's 1986. Eleanor Douglas and Park Sheridan are an unlikely pair who connect on the school bus over comic books and a Walkman cassette player. Neither of them fit in with their classmates. She comes from a tough background and a broken, mangled family and he deals with the stigma of being the token half-Asian kid growing up in a small midwest town when racial diversity was not yet a thing. They know their love is doomed from the beginning, but they still try anyway.

I am SO happy I read this book. I had goosebumps through most of it and cried at parts too, So many feels from this offering of Rainbow Rowell.

Noteworthy
Uglies by Scott Westerfeld | ★★★★
A dystopian novel about a world, where, when you turn sixteen, you have an operation to correct all your physical flaws and make you a Pretty. Everyone is excited about the procedure - except Tally Youngblood and her new friend, Shay. After learning the truth about the Pretty life, they plan to run away and embrace their Ugly status.

This was a page-turner for me. I loved the plot and it was both suspenseful and interesting.

Other mentions for the month of November:
Everything I Never Told You by Celeste Ng  | ★★★★
Life Without A Recipe by Diana Abu-Jaber  | ★★★★
First Comes Love by Emily Giffin  | ★★★★
Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad  | ★★★★
Moby Dick by Herman Melville  | ★★★
Specials by Scott Westerfeld  | ★★★
Delirium by Lauren Oliver  | ★★★
Pretties by Scott Westerfeld  | ★★☆☆
Comfort Food by Kate Jacobs (reviewed for #Collaboreads) | ★★☆☆
The Eye of Minds by James Dashner  | ★★☆☆

 A look back at what I read last month + free reading list printable! #ASGbookshelf #whatIread

As  promised, I'm also sharing the printable reading list I've designed to keep track of my own reading. It was a hit last summer and again this fall, so I created one for the winter - and it's yours to download for FREE!



What did you enjoy reading this month?

The post What I Read | November + FREE Winter Reading List Printable first appeared on A Simpler Grace. If you enjoyed this article, please feel free to share it with your friends!

2 comments:

  1. I have heard mixed reviews of Eleanor & Park but I am so curious about it! Was it a pretty clean book (profanity and sex scenes)?

    ReplyDelete
  2. E&P was SO GOOD! I don't remember anything specific that stood out in the lines of profanity or sex scenes. You'll have to let me know what you think if you decide to give it a go! :)

    ReplyDelete