Sunday, January 01, 2017

Hello January | Goals

Goal setting for January - A Simpler Grace #goals #anintentional2017



Happy New Year and hello 2017! In this new year, I'm going to focus on being more intentional in my goal-setting and make an effort to take the steps necessary to meet all my goals every month. I'm also going to try to integrate a Bible verse and my One Little Word into my goal setting in some way each month. So, there are going to be a few little changes in how I do these posts, but I'm excited for what will come out of them!
My goals for December. Let's see how I did...
  • Eat clean and gluten-free Yes! I stuck to a clean and gluten-free diet and am feeling so much better. Going to keep this one up!
  • Stick to my editorial calendar for the month I did and wrote a total of nineteen posts in December.
  • Devote two hours a week to something creative Although I did have a little creative time this month, I didn't devote two hours a week. I'm not super worried about this as it was a very busy month.
  • Read ten books for my reading challenges I read twenty-one books in December plus and about three quarters through my twenty-second! That makes 155 books in 2016!
  • Complete the December section from my Bible-in-a-year plan Yes! I finished the December section and completed the entire Bible from when I started on 4/28/16 to 12/28/16!
  • Complete the 30-day squat challenge HAHAHAHAHAHA! Oh, I was funny trying this one again. On a serious note, I realized something about myself in giving this one last go. I do not work well when I am doing repetitive work. I love doing workouts like yoga routines that change constantly. I HATE doing reps and get so bored counting. I'm sure there is some stigma in my mind when it comes to exercises that are done in repetitions and it makes me not want to do them. Moving forward, I'm sticking to yoga. I've always performed best in that arena anyway.
  • Complete two recipes I've pinned on Pinterest I made three recipes but they weren't ones from Pinterest. They were ones I developed for a post coming later in the month. I'm calling this one a win.
  • Read sixty articles I've pinned on Pinterest Complete! I have gotten into the habit of reading a few articles every day as well as reading a new article before I'm pinning it on a board to keep my "to read" board from filling up.
  • Complete three Bible journaling entries Nope. Never had time to pull out any of my supplies. I'll work harder at this one in January.
  • Plan my 2017 Reading Challenges/To Be Read lists Yes and I'm so excited. The full post will be up later this week. :)
  • Complete my two open courses for the year I'm still working on these, but I'll be finished with them soon - then time to start on 2017's courses.
  • Monetize the blog Woohoo! This is one goal I am happy to say I've checked off. 

January Bible Verse
"Each one must give as he has decided in his heart, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver." - II Corinthians 9:7 ESV

SHARE action: purge at least fifty items and donate to those who are less fortunate

And my goals for January...
  • Eat clean and gluten-free
  • Stick to my editorial calendar for the month
  • Read twelve books for my reading challenges
  • Devote two hours a week to something creative
  • Complete the January Bible-in-a-year section
  • Complete four Bible journaling entries
  • Read sixty articles I've pinned on Pinterest
  • Check one item off my 101 in 1001 list
  • List some of my jewelry pieces on Etsy
  • Develop a recipe for the cookbook
  • Write two freelance articles
  • Host one guest post on ASG
What goals did you set for yourself this month? 

The post Hello January | Goals first appeared on A Simpler Grace.  If you enjoyed this article, please feel free to share it with your friends!

3 comments:

  1. I just started getting into yoga but try to be such a perfectionist all of the time that I pulled something in my back. I tend to do squats alot when I cook. 😉

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! Not a good way to start the new year! I sometimes do squats when I cook too but usually, I have too much going on in the kitchen to stand still very long. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was actually a few months back, I am back at it-tho I need more shoulder strength because the downward dogs burn! Lol

    ReplyDelete