Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Monthly Reflections | January

What I'm currently up to in life and on the blog. #currently #takingstock #monthlyreflections - Monthly Reflections | January - A Simpler Grace

Wow! We've officially made it through the first month of 2017 and we are moving way too fast!

This month started the implementation of a few changes I wanted to incorporate in how I focus and follow up on my One Little Word for the year. If you remember correctly, my word is SHARE, so each month, I'll have a new Bible verse that somehow relates to this word that I can meditate on over the month while I allow it to be my guiding principle.

My verse of the month: "Each one must give as he has decided in his heart, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver." - II Corinthians 9:7 (ESV)

I also wanted to have an action to go along with my word. I didn't want to just talk about sharing but also live it, so I have chosen a task that would relate to SHARE and allow me to walk this word out in my life.

My SHARE action this month: Purge 50 items and share them with someone else. I did a minor winter purge this month and have pulled the following items:
  • Books (about fifty of them, they will be going to the used bookstore)
  • Jewelry Supplies (six tackle boxes full of supplies plus tools, they will be donated to a friend's Girl Scout troop)
  • Clothes (about ten items, they will be donated, along with more from some family members, to a battered women's shelter)
So, that's how I did with my One Little Word for January. Let's look back at what else I've been up to.

Lately, I've been...

Listening: the Winter Recharge playlist I curated on Spotify.
Making:  splotches of paint on paper.
Cooking:  vegetable chowder soup.
Drinking:  water.
Reading:  all the books, but I'm loving Challenger Deep by Neal Shusterman.
Wanting:  a vacation in the Canadian Rockies.
Looking:  through old magazines.
Playing:  games to keep this brain young and fit. :)
Wasting:  thoughts.
Wishing:  people would be kinder.
Creating: stacks of books to trade in at the used bookstore.
Enjoying:  moody winter skies.
Waiting:  for something I don't even know is coming.
Liking:  the feeling of letting go and trusting someone. (not something I do easily)
Eating:  apples.
Wondering:  if America is going to implode anytime soon.
Loving:  early morning phone calls.
Hoping:  for snow.
Missing:  my fuzzies.
Writing:  letters to friends.
Needing:  some cuddle time with the man.
Photographing: selfies for my self-love project.
Smelling:  cinnamon. (It's on my toast)
Wearing:  comfy clothes.
Following:  the news, even though I know better.
Noticing:  spring flowers are already popping from the ground and trees are budding. Too early?
Watching:  Nicholas Sparks movies. I know... sappy, but I need to watch them all before the end of the year.
Knowing:  that hard work pays off.
Craving:  salt.
Working:  as hard as I can.
Thinking:  about making Valentine's Day cookies.
Bookmarking:  Pinterest accounts that I'm crushing on.
Opening:  my planner to a new month.
Feeling:  hopeful.

What have you been up to in January?

The Monthly Reflections series was adapted from Taking Stock by Anna at Rich As Kings.

The post Monthly Reflections | January first appeared on A Simpler Grace. If you enjoyed this article, please feel free to share it with your friends!

No comments:

D