Monday, January 09, 2017

Simple Gratitude | 59

Sharing my #gratefulheart on the blog today! #gratitude #feelingthankful - Simple Gratitude | 59 - A Simpler Grace



"Let gratitude be the pillow upon which you kneel to say your nightly prayer. And let faith be the bridge you build to overcome evil and welcome good." - Maya Angelou

Good morning, friends! It's that time of the week when we share our weekly gratitude journals with each other. It was a very busy week around here and I'm starting to feel the momentum of the new year kicking in. The lull of the holiday season is finally behind us and I'm excited about the coming weeks!

This week, I'm grateful for:
  • A snow day. We had the most beautiful snowfall last week and it made the mountain look like a winter wonderland. It was that heavy snow that coated all the branches of trees and everything looked frosted. The best thing was that the roads were cleared fairly quickly, so we had all the beauty of the winter weather without the hassle of poor road conditions.
  • Yoga with Adriene. I've been doing her 31-day Revolution program this month and it has been so challenging but so rewarding at the same time. I'm already noticing a change in the way I feel and look. Adriene is so good about talking you through the proper form for all the postures in her routines so you do them correctly and you learn how to breathe through them. Let's just say, I'm feeling muscles I never knew I had, thanks to her!
  • Getting to spend more time with my niece. To make a long story short, my niece (who I nannied for last school year and moved to a new town with my sister over the summer) is switching back to her old elementary school this week and I will be nannying her again before and after her school day. I've missed getting to spend every day with her and am so excited to have her around again. We love doing fun activities like baking and going on nature walks, so expect a lot of pictures of our adventures on Instagram.
  • The fuzzy critters that have been a part of my life. I found out last week that my two cats had to be given up for adoption (they were with my ex) and also that my sweet pup passed away last month. Hearing all this news at once broke my heart and I'm grieving these losses, but I am grateful for the memories I have of these four-legged friends who have made my life so much happier. I will miss them dearly but am glad I have lots of photos and videos of my silly and cuddly fuzzies. <3
  • A weekend with my love. This guy travels a lot for business, so I'm always grateful to get to spend some time with him when he is home. We are both homebodies so a weekend cuddled up, watching wild card football games was the perfect ending to my otherwise hectic week.

The post Simple Gratitude | 59 first appeared on A Simpler Grace. If you enjoyed this article, please feel free to share it with your friends!

2 comments:

  1. Its always crushing to hear about our animals that sometimes (in my case-even though my dog was mine he called the sheriff on me....) we have to leave behind. I am so sorry for your loss!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Brittany. It is hard, but I know they had a great life while they were with me. Thank you for stopping by and leaving your thoughtful comment today. <3

    ReplyDelete