Monday, January 23, 2017

Simple Gratitude | 61

Sharing my #gratefulheart on the blog #gratitude #feelingthankful Simple Gratitude | 61 - A Simpler Grace



Can someone tell me why Monday always seems to come so fast but Friday always takes its time? Hi, friends! We are back again to share our grateful hearts. 


I have to admit, this weekend really got to me. For all you U.S. readers, you know that Friday was the Inauguration and Saturday, the Women's March on Washington. The ENTIRE time, my Facebook newsfeed was filled with hate-filled, mean-spirited and just plain rude content and it made me sick to my stomach. It seemed that one side doesn't support the incoming president and the other side thinks the women marching were a bunch of whiny, sore losers. What ever happened to solidarity? What happened to supporting each other, even though we don't see eye-to-eye on every topic? I really hope that over the next four years, our country can learn to come together and lift each other up because there is so much tearing down going on right now and it's absolutely shameful.

This week, I'm grateful for:
  • Millions of marchers. I am so proud of the millions of women, men, and children who came together this weekend, across the globe, and marched for equality and human rights. There were people of every color, religion, sexual orientation, and gender together in one place, putting their differences aside for the common good. I saw everything from hijab tying tutorials to choirs singing and lots of pink hats! It was awesome to watch women move in what is not only an American problem but a world-wide crisis.
  • Weekend cuddles. Got to spend time with my love before he hops on a plan for work travel again. I was feeling pretty crummy toward the end of the week and he (like he always does) cheered me right up. I'm such a lucky girl. :)
  • Rainy nights. I don't know about where you are, but we've had some pretty crappy weather lately. The only plus to it is having that gentle sound of rain patting on the roof at night when I'm trying to sleep. It does help with the insomnia a bit and has made me contemplate the idea of getting a white noise machine
  • Goals. I went through my calendar and set some big project goals for the rest of the year and I'm feeling pumped to start working on the steps to accomplish them. Some of the goals are quite lofty, but if you don't set the bar high, you'll never know how far you can jump, right?
  • Yummy smelling candles. Nothing helps you relax after a stressful day more than lighting a cozy candle and having the aroma fill the room. The one I'm currently loving is Mahogany Teakwood from Bath & Body Works, which is a long-time favorite of mine.
What are you feeling grateful for today?

The post Simple Gratitude | 61 first appeared on A Simpler Grace. If you enjoyed this article, please feel free to share it with your friends!

No comments:

D