"In life, one has a choice to take one of two paths; to wait for some special day - or to celebrate each special day." - Rasheed Ogunlaru
Well, happy Monday, friends. It's been one of those perfectly relaxing weekends. How was it for you?
I'm still in a little bit of disbelief that we are going to be in February later this week, but I'll be spending the next few days preparing for the new month. Here's to a busy and productive week!
This week, I'm grateful for:
- Sleeping in. Because who doesn't enjoy this?
- Snow in the forecast. We've been waiting for some measurable snow this year and it appears we might be getting some later this week. Crossing my fingers...
- Letting go of something old and supporting an organization I love. I checked something off my list this week. It's been on my list for a long time. One of those things that's "on the list" but not really because you don't want to admit it's time to let go. Last fall, I decided to close up shop on my jewelry design business and this weekend, I made it official. I packed up all my supplies and shared it with a friend who leads a Girl Scout troop. They plan to use these items for a jewelry making badge. It makes me so happy to know that it will be put to good use and I'm smiling inside thinking about how much I enjoyed making beautiful things for people I love.
- Simplifying my life. I've been intentionally practicing minimalism the last few months and I'm finally at a place where I feel happy with the "space" I've created around myself and how calm I feel. I've come to realize that clutter and I just don't get along very well.
- Big pots of soup. I made a giant pot of vegetable chowder and it was so good. Problem is, it's gone (thanks to some hungry family members) and I'm craving more as I write this...
What are you feeling grateful for today?