Monday, January 30, 2017

Simple Gratitude | 62

Today I'm sharing my #gratefulheart on the blog #gratitude #feelingthankful



"In life, one has a choice to take one of two paths; to wait for some special day - or to celebrate each special day." - Rasheed Ogunlaru

Well, happy Monday, friends. It's been one of those perfectly relaxing weekends. How was it for you?
I'm still in a little bit of disbelief that we are going to be in February later this week, but I'll be spending the next few days preparing for the new month. Here's to a busy and productive week!

This week, I'm grateful for:
  • Sleeping in. Because who doesn't enjoy this?
  • Snow in the forecast. We've been waiting for some measurable snow this year and it appears we might be getting some later this week. Crossing my fingers...
  • Letting go of something old and supporting an organization I love. I checked something off my list this week. It's been on my list for a long time. One of those things that's "on the list" but not really because you don't want to admit it's time to let go. Last fall, I decided to close up shop on my jewelry design business and this weekend, I made it official. I packed up all my supplies and shared it with a friend who leads a Girl Scout troop. They plan to use these items for a jewelry making badge. It makes me so happy to know that it will be put to good use and I'm smiling inside thinking about how much I enjoyed making beautiful things for people I love.
  • Simplifying my life. I've been intentionally practicing minimalism the last few months and I'm finally at a place where I feel happy with the "space" I've created around myself and how calm I feel. I've come to realize that clutter and I just don't get along very well.
  • Big pots of soup. I made a giant pot of vegetable chowder and it was so good. Problem is, it's gone (thanks to some hungry family members) and I'm craving more as I write this...
What are you feeling grateful for today?

The post Simple Gratitude | 62 first appeared on A Simpler Grace. If you enjoyed this article, please feel free to share it with your friends!

10 comments:

  1. Divya @ Eat. Teach. Blog.January 30, 2017 at 8:41 AM

    This morning, I'm grateful our county closed down our schools for a Snow Day. Though there are very few signs of snow (it barely flurried yesterday), but I guess the black ice in some areas were enough to close down schools. So I'm thankful for an extended weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A long weekend is ALWAYS something to be grateful for! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always love to hear about things people are grateful for! I would love a sleep-in sometime soon, but until then I am grateful for a patient and loving family, good friends (particularly recently when times haven't been the easiest), a busy social schedule AND a short holiday coming up soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you have a lot to be grateful for too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gratitude posts make me happy. Like you, I had a relaxing weekend also and actually spent the whole day in the house on Sunday! Hope it's a fantastic week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad to hear your weekend was relaxing too! Thanks for stopping by to say hello, Sheryl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this is so cool idea!
    Sometimes before sleeping I like to think about what I am grateful in this day.
    And I didn't though about making post of it. Great idea!^^

    ReplyDelete